Land rover Defender FFR 24v Alternator bracket bolt

0644hunt

Hi all,

My bolt that holds the 24Volt FFR 90 Amp Alternator to the engine bracket keeps shearing off on the engine side (not the adjustable side).

I think it may be that at 1 end (towards the back) the M12 bolt (part BH112241L) is very loose. Is there a insert that supports it in the bracket and alternator. I think it just vibrates so much it shears off. The end with the nut on is not loose.

Many Thanks.

Well I've looked in the Land Rover IPC & the AESP IPC, although they describe the adjustable side of the bracket, the support bracket & fixing is not identified separately. It is just part of the whole engine assembly.

However you are not the first person with this problem!

Assuming you have a NA Diesel rather than V8.

2320-D-122-821 Land Rover 90/110/127. Gen. Instr. No.58. 90 amp alternator support bracket. May 1995

It describes the support bracket ETC 5357 (7RU/5340-99-350-8645) as having a hole 20mm diam

It needs to be replaced by ERR4748 (7RU/5340-99-670-4330) that has a 13mm diam hole :D

PS This looks to be the cheapest http://www.thexmod.com/item_detail.asp?id=8351

Edited by fv1609
PS

Thanks Clive for the bracket code. Yes I think the larger hole is the problem, it put all the stress on the other end. I searched all the manuals I had for the part code/diagrams but I couldn't find anything. I have converted my LR to a 200tdi, mounting the generator bracket to the same location as the N/A.

Yes I could also look at making a sleeve.

Thanks.