Tank transporter for the cromwell

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ATTACH=CONFIG]115767[/ATTACH]

Think I've got a complete injector pump of a Rolls 265 that you can strip on out of if its the same pump. Its not at home though, its in a lock up on the farm so will take me a couple of days before its back here.

cheers nick

i've decided to rent a trailer for the july show season and worry about getting a low loader after that, the truth is i've just got too much to do to muck about with trailers if i'm going to get the charioteer running for the ywe event.

cheers nick

i've decided to rent a trailer for the july show season and worry about getting a low loader after that, the truth is i've just got too much to do to muck about with trailers if i'm going to get the charioteer running for the ywe event.

Are you you willing to divulge the cost of renting such a trailer? We do tri axle box trailers for £85 net a week so I'm just interested by comparison as we don't do low loaders.

hi nick

not actually booked it yet but i've been told £60 per day is the going rate and i need it for a couple of weeks so might be able to work a bit more discount. i'll let you know when i speak to the fella that rents them

rick

hi nick

not actually booked it yet but i've been told £60 per day is the going rate and i need it for a couple of weeks so might be able to work a bit more discount. i'll let you know when i speak to the fella that rents them

rick

Hinchcliffe in Bury seem to be the local ones, Craig rented one of them week before last for taking Warwick's M41 to Wickstead. (His own trailer was being used for something else). Suspect Craig will have one off them again around YWE as he will be flat out shifting stuff into the event.

guys i need some help. i didn't get the mot on the foden today and now need to hire a wagon to get me to the chalke valley weekend (want to set off tomorrow night) and the yorkshire wartime experience, i have the lowloader hire sorted at £500 for 2 weeks but ain't no good without something to pull it. i'm desperate so any help would be appreciated. cheers

rick

my problem is i don't have an operators license or cpc. so not going to be easy to hire a truck from a big outfit. i'll keep trying though

a lot of the big hire companies stopped asking for proof of o licence a few years back, never known us/them ask for cpc proof. Most want proof of finances & fleet insurance, good luck 👍

a lot of the big hire companies stopped asking for proof of o licence a few years back, never known us/them ask for cpc proof. Most want proof of finances & fleet insurance, good luck

Do you need an O licence if a private hire?

Do you need an O licence if a private hire?

No, if operating as private HGV then not required. Most hire companies won't now ask about o licences a customer may hold as they fear being culpable if the customer breaches any road transport laws & then tries to lay the blame at the hire company's door. We've had to go before the traffic commissioner before to get our trucks back because of the actions of unscrupulous customers. We won't confirm payloads for similar reasons but advise customers to use a weigh bridge.

Thanks for trying mate but I've given up and will get someone else to get the tank down to the chalke valley show. I have booked the Foden in for a re test on Monday and if all goes well will be on the road in time for the ywe event

Edited by eddy8men

os hd lt insecure, air leak when brakes applied, wheel nut loose, not enough reflectors on side and brake inbalance of 32% on rear axle. not bad really only the brakes that will be any sort of work, i also got the tacho calibrated today just in case that fails it or causes some other issue