aec matador

scotbb

Hi Scott,

That chassis was from contract S3039 (0853-6603 to 0853-7102) for Heavy A.A tractors.

As 16svt rightly says, it will be a 1944 build.

I have chassis 0853-6767 from that same contract.

You should be able to obtain a copy of the AEC factory build sheet from the Commercial Vehicle museum at Leyland which should provide the build date and delivery date and the place it was delivered to.

Hope this helps a bit, Mel

Hi Scott,

That chassis was from contract S3039 (0853-6603 to 0853-7102) for Heavy A.A tractors.

As 16svt rightly says, it will be a 1944 build.

I have chassis 0853-6767 from that same contract.

You should be able to obtain a copy of the AEC factory build sheet from the Commercial Vehicle museum at Leyland which should provide the build date and delivery date and the place it was delivered to.

Hope this helps a bit, Mel

Thanks Mel, its nice to know theres a few left from the same contract ,be a while before i finish tho ,more pics soon.scott

contract S3039 IS DATED 10/43 FOR 500 vehicles at that time AEC were making 50 MATADORs a month the only thing you will get from the RLC no 2 key card is when it was sold and where there is no military history as to who and were these vehicles served the only other thing missing is its war time census number which was H 5469826

contract S3039 IS DATED 10/43 FOR 500 vehicles at that time AEC were making 50 MATADORs a month the only thing you will get from the RLC no 2 key card is when it was sold and where there is no military history as to who and were these vehicles served the only other thing missing is its war time census number which was H 5469826

Thanks Wally,wasnt sure what would be on the card for the money,I have a good date now and the census number for when i eventually get to paint the cab.Thanks Scott.