boots dms

1960,s early 70,s olive green trousers.

Recently acquired , nice pair of olive green x over belt trousers,as issued in the 1960,s early 70,s for jungle deployment or warm weather (Cyprus etc). These are in really good nic, and good size 34 waist and 32 leg.Been after a pair for ages, they are getting scarce now,so good addition to the collectionPICT9263.jpg

PICT9261.jpg

PICT9262.jpg

I have a DPM version of these, "windproof" or "SAS" , the crossover thing is weird but comfortable, yours looks the same where the buckle is removeable i'e' buttoned on!

These are known as OG's. ( Olive Greens ) & were far superior to the later versions.

The OGs are made from Cotton & of good quality. The later Working dress trousers were in Nylon & MUCH Cheaper.

& that is why they were introduced. CHEAPER to make & subsequently inferior quality!....

When I was attached to the Paras in the Mid eighties. The OGs were MUCH sought after. & we were allowed to wear them as well as the Green Nylon trousers. 

They were much valued in the field also, as the OGs were a wider cut to the leg. & you could take a pair of soaking wet OGs off. Without having to remove your boots first! Unlike the Nylon versions, of which you could not do this!

An appreciated feature when you are tired, cold & Wet on Exercise! The rapid ability to put on warm dry clothing with the minimum of effort! 👍