HAPPY 100TH BIRTHDAY To my Albion Chassis No. 361A

lynx42 Rick Cove

Hi Rick, sounds like the radiator is same as marks, i'm trying hard to acquire it and also a complete engine too that came out of the same truck, the gearbox/transaxle is there too but its incomplete, but i'm hoping the fact that I have shown the owner the big pile of albion parts and chassis etc, that they can see it can be put to use in making a whole vehicle, obviously a vehicle made from original parts not an original vehicle, heres hoping it can happen? Doug it will be a while before I can start on this but i'll keep following up any leads,

cheers mike.

• 2 years later...

Hi Rick,  I didn't manage to get this radiator because they decided not to sell it, but a good mate has just found another  which is in far better condition apart from a small section of the left side mounting bracket having an inch or so cut off the end!!

now all I am needing is a set of mag/throttle controls- bracket and levers, and also the correct handbrake lever for this Albion to be a complete project, so if anyone can help with these let me know, even  recast examples would be ok, I have lots of parts for other early English makes so maybe someone here would be happy to trade for these parts?  just another idea to get going forward?

cheers mike

IMG_0906.JPG

IMG_0908.JPG

IMG_0910.JPG

• Like 2

• 2 years later...

Hi guys another update, being a while but im plodding along with the A10

got the transaxle in the chassis and front axle and steering, firewall, and finally through phil in aus ive got a replacement crankcase and sump for my broken engine, plus a usable radiator core, so its looking very positive, looking forward to fitting the rear axle and wheels in a few weeks time, Merry xmas and cheers 

Mike

73633383-1A5A-4A0A-AA7F-A10E312ED4A3.jpeg

93DE2C26-4D76-4211-A3EE-7B9AD945F947.jpeg

25E40E5F-ADD8-49F3-AE93-0760C86F2A08.jpeg

79D5B2F0-C42D-41D3-9553-5EABA2294D4A.jpeg

B9814A07-8BFD-45BD-8592-2C8E6A47E7AF.jpeg

8BE2A37B-A701-4AEF-A1ED-A61A176870C8.jpeg

59D76416-FBED-4CFA-97FD-E57F9FDDACE7.jpeg

• Like 1

Hi andy, 

yes ive seen that, its a great thing being able to press those square fins, and yes i do have lots of patience, I spent almost 5 hrs straightening the fins with a pair of longnose pliers on my Leyland rad, very tedious but rewarding to have the rad looking as it should, it will be good to see the end result of your stamping, these radiators of this period are usally a major part of any restoration, ive managed to use the toptank and sides of the rad i found a few yrs back but i then had to have the bottom tank  recast.

B665EEC7-E841-41A2-9715-271FD15A2D7F.jpeg

• Like 2