Mk2/5 Ferret.

DFC1943Fl.Lt.

Well today I managed to get my ferret turning over through the starter switch. Wizzes over like a goodin, so nice to hear it turning over as it was sized when I got the ferret. The 'Main Indicator' light comes on while cranking so I have power to the dash switch board. No light on the speedo, RPM dash board I think this could be to do with the wiring connections. Now I need a full set of interior bulbs, both dash board sets and the 2 'Left and Right' interior lights. Anybody know where I can source all of these from or is it Bannisters. Are the external bulbs the same as a set for a 24v landy. Plugs are on order with loads of other stuff, next problem I think will be the fuel lift pump. Have managed to clean the hull plate up, any help as to the year. According to the 'contracts detail sheets' that came with the ferret, it has mine as;

CONTRACT. 6/FV4267

TYPE. FV701C

Mk. 1

YEAR. 1951

QTY. 592

HULL. 7-599

REGISTRATION. 32BA81 - 38BA73

My reg. is 33BA93 so looks to be right although someone has my hull No. down as 118. Can anyone tell me what the hull plate refers to please.

Many thanks

Steve.

Various 2015 014.jpg

Various 2015 016.jpg

Various 2015 015.jpg

IMG_1570.jpg

Well today I managed to get my ferret turning over through the starter switch. Wizzes over like a goodin, so nice to hear it turning over as it was sized when I got the ferret. The 'Main Indicator' light comes on while cranking so I have power to the dash switch board. No light on the speedo, RPM dash board I think this could be to do with the wiring connections. Now I need a full set of interior bulbs, both dash board sets and the 2 'Left and Right' interior lights. Anybody know where I can source all of these from or is it Bannisters. Are the external bulbs the same as a set for a 24v landy. Plugs are on order with loads of other stuff, next problem I think will be the fuel lift pump. Have managed to clean the hull plate up, any help as to the year. According to the 'contracts detail sheets' that came with the ferret, it has mine as;

CONTRACT. 6/FV4267

TYPE. FV701C

Mk. 1

YEAR. 1951

QTY. 592

HULL. 7-599

REGISTRATION. 32BA81 - 38BA73

My reg. is 33BA93 so looks to be right although someone has my hull No. down as 118. Can anyone tell me what the hull plate refers to please.

Many thanks

Steve.

Nice going Steve...