seeking taillight

ManfredSt

No British motorcycle lens made prior to 1973 other than perhaps specifically intended for the European market would have an 'E' mark. We fought two world wars in what proved ultimately to be a vain attempt at avoiding that sort of nonsense.

If you're in a country that applies retrospective legislation then it would seem that you'll have to fit something made by Hella.

If you have panniers then a straightforward answer is to fit a removable board across the back between them ( a bit like a motorcycle version of a trailer board) with a modern lamp and reflector plus your number plate and it can then easily be unplugged and removed for displays.

• 7 months later...
These repro lamps have the benefit of an ordinary 12v stop/tail lamp bulb. Easily changed for a 6v. Ron

Ron, they are cheaper from, feked.com I bought one (along with other bits) the intention to make the bracket etc, but I'll certainly buy one of the ones Alex has (if he has any left and PM on the way)

It is worth noting that a genuine WD tail light is NOT legal in UK as it does not light the number plate or have a stop light. Yes, your bike does not have to pass an MoT, but be aware that riding a motorcycle on the road in an illegal condition could render any insurance claim invalid. You could also collect a fat fine and more unfortunately, a faster vehicle up your rear end!! So, fine for display purposes, otherwise beware!

OK I see. The 211 is certainly slimmer than a 110. But why not simply buy a repro fag end as well.

On one of my Velo’s I didn’t want to interrupt the original look of the mudguard with its fairly unique ‘MILLER’ fag end. So I fitted the number plate and brake light behind the O/S panier bag.

You'll have to forgive Ferg! He's from Scotland. I don't know what happens up there? But down here in the south, we try to break at least one rule a day!! Ron

MAF 049.jpg

MAF 210.jpg