More bits from my late father's collection for ID and valuation

g0ozs

Andy

I hadn't thought of that - we did sell some swords to a dealer early in the clearance process !

Do you (or anyone else reading!) know what to call "the glittery braid on a sword hilt" so I can research further on google?

Thanks

Iain

PS if anyone can use these or the lanyard they are available to a good home for cost of postage when I remember where I put them after taking the photo!

Andy

Do you (or anyone else reading!) know what to call "the glittery braid on a sword hilt" so I can research further on google?

Thanks

Iain

PS if anyone can use these or the lanyard they are available to a good home for cost of postage when I remember where I put them after taking the photo!

Sword knot is what I think you may be looking for .

They do have some value so you might want to check .

Ref the Soviet items (membership card etc) – the US Army produced a set of fake USSR documents for use by troops acting as enemy during the Cold War period (I think these were originally produced during the 70s but they will have been updated following this I imagine). During major BAOR exercises, for example, the enemy forces (designated as‘orange forces’) wore uniform items to distinguish themselves from the friendly forces. During exercise Brave Defender (1985) the enemy forces (acted by certain British Troops) used these US fakedocuments sets for sure – as I have a magazine article (somewhere) which illustrates them in use.

If you would like a new home for you documents – I can provide that J

I have a small collection of items used by these forces – See attached pics.

WP_20141104_007.jpg

WP_20141104_003.jpg

WP_20141104_004.jpg

WP_20141104_005.jpg

Edited by Exwoofer
Brave Defender date correction