James ML - opinion needed

HQsignals

I need to restor my James  now ,  it's necesary , i rebuild  her since twenty old years , and i have ride with , i have a new tires and canvas grip  , and mostly i have  bought a DKW  ks 200  number frame and engine   526348 , with aulways his paint military    sand  and brown green  and red ......

"Reassembly time" 

I don't know what you aim to achieve and it's no criticism, but some things to note that I've picked up over the years.

The spark plug should be on the left (although it will work just the same I'm sure)

The complete engine, carb, exhaust were painted in service colour, (just the two front down tubes were dull plated)

The flat part at the top of your gearbox cover was a casting for the post war engine number.    Ron 

ML7 Lightweights 255.JPG

MLDSCF2705.jpg

52 minutes ago, Ron said:

"Reassembly time" 

I don't know what you aim to achieve and it's no criticism, but some things to note that I've picked up over the years.

The spark plug should be on the left (although it will work just the same I'm sure)

The complete engine, carb, exhaust were painted in service colour, (just the two front down tubes were dull plated)

The flat part at the top of your gearbox cover was a casting for the post war engine number.    Ron 

ML7 Lightweights 255.JPG

MLDSCF2705.jpg

Interesting, thanks Ron. Both the James’ I’ve got have the spark plug on the right (going forward) The last time I was in Villiers Services (2017) they were rebuilding a 9D and that was the same. As you say it doesn’t make much difference.

The gearbox outer casing was wrecked on this engine, so I had to fit what I could get, although it didn’t have any numbers on it.

MS