British WW2 Flamethrower Deactivation.

Pete

On 12/25/2015 at 9:24 AM, ferretfixer said:

'Any Item which discharges a Noxious Substance'...................Section 5 Weapon.

This was MEANT to cover Flamethrowers, but.....................

When I was in the Police, if a perp was arrested for attempted/actual robbery.

We used to charge them for being in possession of a Prohibited weapon. If they has an old Squeegy Bottle of Amonia.

Because the sentence was greater upon conviction, than for an attempted Robbery!

IE: An 'Item which discharged a Noxious Substance'!.........;)

As Mortars have not been included in the unworkable new legislation. I wouldn't shout too loudly about them!

<SNIP>

Mortars most certainly are covered by section 5, see http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1968/27/section/5  " (ae) any rocket launcher, or any mortar, for projecting a stabilised missile, other than a launcher or mortar designed for line-throwing or pyrotechnic purposes or as signalling apparatus;] "

People have been locked up for having a used LAW launch tube dispite it being less of a weapon than a similar length of 2" metal pipe.

On ‎12‎/‎24‎/‎2015 at 12:01 PM, attleej said:

Dear All,

I doubt that a flamethrower is a firearm but I think that it would be a good idea to have some vital component missing or completely and obviously inoperative.

A motor is clearly a firearm although easy to deactivate (and make a brand new one which I could do this afternoon in my workshop).

John

A Flame thrower most definitely IS a Sec.5 Firearm!...….Quote: 'Any item that discharges a Noxious substance'....

Talk to one of the Proofmaster's on the Phone at either London. Or Birmingham. They will be happy to advise.

The Specs are available on the .Gov website. They are illustrated in B&W line drawings.

Mortars are probably one of the easiest items to deactivate.

Edited by ferretfixer

The only people autorised and qualified to give you the information are the Proof Houses. I had this run in a couple of years back, as mentioned earlier with the local Plod over my De-Acs. the Birmingham Proof house told them exacataly wher ethey got off, and I got my property back.