Glutton 4 punishment

soleil

Hi,

I've been interested in military stuff for decades, collecting cam uniforms and odd bits of kit. Easy as the War & Peace show is just down the road.

In vehicle terms it used to be tanks but now I prefer the soft-skinned stuff - Jeeps, Horches, Kubelwagens, Pinkies etc. - and save the heavy metal for the stereo.

I've signed up because I need help;) Bought an interesting looking Land Rover on Ebay a few weeks ago. If I'm lucky it is the mythical ex-RAF unit modified SAS Dinky: if I'm unlucky it is a Walt special - SWB landy with a V8, 5 speed box, power steering, disk brakes all round and two GPMG mounts needing a shed load of work done. A few people here seem to have inside knowledge and this vehicle is going to be a tough nut to crack. I'll do a proper thread on her later but see my avatar for a sneak peak.

I 'm not expert and have already bitten off more than I can chew, but I'll help out if I can. Look forward to meeting you.

David