Possible Suffolk HMVF get together

g0ozs

Dear All (or at least all in or near Suffolk)

There were a couple of comments on the "Do any forum members live near Felixtowe " thread that the HMVF members in Suffolk ought to get together, so I have started this separate topic to continue that discussion separately from solving Richard's logistics problem.

For what it's worth I usually have a babysitter on Monday and Thursday evenings (although the next 3 weeks are a bit more complicated) so those would be my preferred days. I think I would prefer between Xmas and New Year or early in the New Year as I will have a lot to do before Xmas. Please suggest dates that would work if you are interested.

Again for babysitter related reasons I'd prefer early evening (say 7pm) to later. Or possibly a Saturday afternoon if other kids will be there to keep each other busy (I dont't know how long my daughter's game?

Do folks feel that a pub or a village hall would be better ?

Do we want to meet somewhere central in town with food or somewhere out of town with plenty of parking for vehicles ?

I suspect it will depend on who is interested and where they live where we look for a venue - I work at Martlesham Heath and live north of Stowmarket so anywhere between Felixstowe and Stowmarket will be "on the way home" for me

Regards

Iain

Adrian

That sounds like too good an invitation to refuse. I think the Saturdays I can do are the 19th or 26th December and the 2nd of January - the 2nd of January is better for me as I will have child care options.

I can bring biscuits and a supply of disposable coffee cups, if it helps ?

As to times does 2pm to 4pm seem reasonable having regard to lunch and sunset at this time of year ?

Regards

Iain

• 3 weeks later...

Likewise - I have the biscuits already ;)

Adrian

My daughter is 8 - she has been to W&P for 4 days without getting herself squashed but I guess I should ask if she is welcome or I should book the baby-sitter on Saturday afternoon ?

Regards

Iain

Just seen this thread, I'm up for it if the offer still stands. I'm a little way's off up in Newmarket Suffolk. Will take me about an hour, still want the biscuits? sounds like there is going to be a glut of them. lol

Regards Steve.

P.S. Forgot to ask for your postal address for the old satnav.

Edited by DFC1943Fl.Lt.

Adrian

We will leave here at 1pm - my mapreading and satnav permitting we should be there a bit before 2pm coming via Thorndon and Bedingfield

If you need to guess who we are we should be in a green Defender 90 hard top with Union and Saltire flags on the antennas

My daughter has tested the biscuits (she only wanted the ones with jam in)

I may have some disposable coffee cups if it will save you washing up ?

Iain

Adrian

Looking at google earth/maps is it near Bedfield Garden & property Service which is a predefined location in the IP13 7EH post code? The Sherman hull in google street view is likely confirmation enough ;)

Iain

Well it looks like there is going to be an awful lot of biscuits to get through lol. Just hope the weather will be kind for this get together.

Good good

Weather for cast down here is rubbish. The cubed one is helping a friend build a shed tomorrow. I'm supporting his girlfriend by drinking prosecco! Well someone has to.