Markheliops

Convoy of Military Vehicles seized by the MOD Police.

Hi Guys and Girls.

Anyone know about this or have any more information - (Bear in mind this is a legal matter so watch what you write).

http://www.halsteadgazette.co.uk/news/halstead_news/13921601.Convoy_of_seized_tanks_passes_through_village/?ref=fbshr

Is this part of a wider investigation by the authorities?

Markheliops

Weathersfeild, for those who don't know is the HQ of The Ministry Of Defence and Gaurding Agency. AKA 'The College of Knowledge'. It's an ex USAF base near Stanstead.

Hi Guys and Girls.

Anyone know about this or have any more information - (Bear in mind this is a legal matter so watch what you write).

http://www.halsteadgazette.co.uk/news/halstead_news/13921601.Convoy_of_seized_tanks_passes_through_village/?ref=fbshr

Any connection ??

http://hmvf.co.uk/forumvb/showthread.php?13807-Spotted-today&p=454365#post454365

Metcalf Farms are contracted hauliers for the MOD ,they are from Leyburn just the other side of Catterick and have a depot in Southampton as well as several thousand of acres in Russia !

Rob...................rnixartillery.

Its all obvious - to replenish the stocks of MV's the MOD have flogged off at rock bottom prices (or given away some would claim) and they now find themselves a bit short in order to combat Putin and Co :-)

Tracing the story back the Telegraph page has been removed & googling is a bit thin on content with this caveat:

Some results may have been removed under data protection law in Europe.

Agreed!-doesn't take a genius to work out who they came from and who they're going to.

Terry

We need someone to photograph the convoy on Monday, then we will be sure what and who it's about. I do hope they are going into dry storage it would be a shame for them to deteriorate.

Agreed!-doesn't take a genius to work out who they came from and who they're going to.

Terry

Well I must be being thick then. All I can think was that they were either going to or coming from the MOD and didn't get to where they were supposed for one reason or another.

Well I must be being thick then. All I can think was that they were either going to or coming from the MOD and didn't get to where they were supposed for one reason or another.

It all relates back a couple of years ago when it first hit the headlines, about a certain ex military Major who was "aquiring" Tanks and armour and other military stuff from various sources, the MOD, Museums, some from abroad, and private individuals all on the pretence of opening a Tank museum, Apparently some vehicles were then later sold, its an ongoing case. I think most of the vehicles were originally stored at Ludgershall, presumably a lot could still be live firing weapons.

They are now being moved to secure premises at Weathersfield presumably to ascertain who are the legal owners

Edited by Nick Johns

Agreed, they claim the Foden 8x6 Cobra radar is a rocket launcher....

Metcalfe Farms are just the haulier contracted to move the vehicles, nothing to do with "the collection".

Metcalfe Farms are just the haulier contracted to move the vehicles, nothing to do with "the collection".

Yes, I appreciate that, I was just a little surprised that they didn't know the difference between a radar set and a rocket launcher.

Yes, I appreciate that, I was just a little surprised that they didn't know the difference between a radar set and a rocket launcher.

You must admit Mike it does look a bit like a wheeled variant of the MLRS...if you had not have pointed it out to me I would not have had a clue !