AEC O854 Coles Crane

16svt

Hi  Nick

Yes very useful -  if I knew the track measurement which I have not seen anywhere, I can scale off that chassis plan view and save a lot of time.

I *THINK* the track is about 6Ft 6ins  (78")   by guess work on a Front view photo  related to the width which is a known measurement.      

Many thanks 

Mike 

3 minutes ago, radiomike7 said:

Where did you measure the track, it should be to the centre of the tread or to make it easier from the outside of one tyre to the inside of the opposite tyre?

Front axle Centre - Bogie Ctr -

If you take a look back to yesterday - I said thanks & that I took notice of your advice. 

Hello all contributing members 

I thank you for your assistance for enough information now. 

I have now made my own scale chassis Side End and Plan views from your information to start my project making parts  1:1 direct to 1/24 scale and 1/12 using Meccano parts as the main medium plus my own Brass And Aluminum compatibles .  

Kind Regards to all

Mike - Broadstairs Kent 

2 hours ago, mike dennis said:

Hello all contributing members 

I thank you for your assistance for enough information now. 

I have now made my own scale chassis Side End and Plan views from your information to start my project making parts  1:1 direct to 1/24 scale and 1/12 using Meccano parts as the main medium plus my own Brass And Aluminum compatibles .  

Kind Regards to all

Mike - Broadstairs Kent 

While I have not been able to contribute to this at all - it sure would be great to see pictures!

Edited by jpsmit

Hello jp 

I have only just done the three view so haven't started yet. 

I usually take photos as I build a model in stages.

I will send copies here as & when, like I do for the Macceno fraternity where I am known as one who  Never makes for competitions & breaks all the Purists self made "rules"  even when Frank Hornby never made any.  .  

On 1/13/2016 at 11:01 PM, 16svt said:

This is my 6th AEC. I have owed 1 Mandator, 2 Mammoth Majors, a MK3 Militant and still have a Matador and this. So yes I have the bug. Your tanker is gorgeous, what a find.

I am currently starting  two models to 1/24 & 1/12 Scale of this beauty, with the original cab as I remember the 3 we had at RAF West Raynham still in use in 1956 -58 when I was an aero-engine fitter and had a BSA Ford engine  3 wheeler.  

SO would you please confirm the overall length of the Vehicle on the road, and the Jib overhang so I can complete my drawings.  OR if you have a 3 View or just a side view with the dimensions it would help.  

Thanks for any assistance

Mike D

Broadstairs Kent  

5 hours ago, john1950 said:

I do not have drawings, I can only give the o/a length as 30 feet fitted with Coles MK V11 Series 7 rated at 5 tons capacity at 7 feet 6 inches radius. These dimentions I have taken from The Observers Fighting Vehicles Directory WW11.

Thanks John 50

That will do for me 

Mike 

On 19/01/2018 at 9:42 AM, mike dennis said:

Hello jp 

I have only just done the three view so haven't started yet. 

I usually take photos as I build a model in stages.

I will send copies here as & when, like I do for the Macceno fraternity where I am known as one who  Never makes for competitions & breaks all the Purists self made "rules"  even when Frank Hornby never made any.  .  

Is there by chance another website where you post your stuff? I am very very intrigued by what you describe - meccano + model. amazing!