What makes for a good MV ride along video?

CMP-Phil

Hi All

What makes for a good MV ride along video? Here are clips out of ride along videos, taken over the last 2 years, in open Pattern 12 C60L, HUP, and Pattern 13 C60S all CMPs of course. They are numbered which segments do you like best and why?

link fixed

I've shared this on MLU and gotten some interesting input on making better videos of my own trucks and club events.

Thanks

Cheers Phil

PS What went wrong was the youtube link disappears- need some help or is just not possible to share videos? Thanks to Mike for helping me post video link.

Edited by CMP-Phil

I saw a good Russian one with TD Pinzgauers which I liked but now I cannot find the video

The only way I figured I could copy it would be you drive the same circuit many times as some of the added angles were:

- front bumper viewing front and rear

- rear bumper, viewing front and rear

- side mounted

- underside mounted

- road mounted, ie drive over

Interesting topic which I've often pondered, if you post vids to YouTube you have the advantage of using their analytics function to see how long they keep peoples interest, this can be very enlightening!

It's pretty obvious that people get bored very quickly, so no shot should last more than 15 seconds, keep the action interesting by editing lots of clips together. Start the action in the first frame don't bother with titles and intros viewers won't wait for that to load.

As an example here's a couple of mine that I thought were quite good, both feature forum members, but one hasn't done anywhere near as well (1,613 views) as the other that is made up of short clips (337,364 views)

only a tiny bit of 'ride-along' in the second, but is more interesting to non Scammell/Military types.

For some unknown reason the first has started to repeat itself and is twice as long now which is rather hard to fathom, must edit it.

Interesting topic which I've often pondered, if you post vids to YouTube you have the advantage of using their analytics function to see how long they keep peoples interest, this can be very enlightening! .......

It's pretty obvious that people get bored very quickly, so no shot should last more than 15 seconds, keep the action interesting ........

For some unknown reason the first has started to repeat itself and is twice as long now which is rather hard to fathom, must edit it.

Hi

Good points, your comment about YouTube videos getting corrupted is very true good case for being sure to save a copy. As to the video links you posted I had actually already found an watched the 2nd great action shots of Scrammels.

Also enjoyed the C60L Wrecker video, I do regular searches for CMP videos.

Back to my orginal question What Makes A Good Ride Along MV Video? We are looking to start a Ride Along page on our club web site to give people an idea of what it is ride in various military vehicle.

Looking forward to more comments and links to videos.

Cheers Phil