DUKW at Withams

fesm_ndt

What a super clip. I remember some years ago metal detecting at Crow Point in my own little world with headphones on suddenly confronted by one of these. It came ashore directly in front of me sped along the beach then back into the water obviously much quicker travelling on land than against the tide! Unfortunately before the era of phones with cameras.

l was told that one of the instow DUKWs is heading for the RLC MUSEUM by a member of the staff

If you follow the RLC Museum's Facebook feed, their DUKW has already arrived and has been displayed!

https://www.facebook.com/RoyalLogisticCorpsMuseum/photos/pb.164993333400.-2207520000.1442695604./10152996254618401/?type=3&theater

If you follow the RLC Museum's Facebook feed, their DUKW has already arrived and has been displayed!

Is that really their entire collection in the second photo?

Can't help feeling what's happened to the Beverley collection, and the (lack of) effort behind building a worthy collection of the military's transport history, is pretty scandalous, particularly when compared with, say, the RAF or Tank museums, of even the RE and REME efforts.

The DUKW in the Mirror article doesn't appear to be the same one as the stripped one in the auction images.