Nazi gold train found in Poland?

so far we have Thomas the Tank engine, his Evil cousin the armored Nazi gold train, and a whole slew of doubting Thomas's. :D

I think it's real, and even if it isn't, if I wish hard enough a Tiger tank battalion will materialize under that hill. ;)

I found two grosz coins in a street in eastern Poland at the weekend. I plan to announce the exact location later this week.

trevor

I would also like to stress that these coins were covered by a strange chemical substance, and went unobserved by any Russians.

trevor

Yes Tony, But. Were they on a Nazi train though?..........................:D

No, they were supposed to be British Rail express delivery! Though may be the Royal Mail! They found a container of recorded delivery garunteed 24 hour mail, in a container in Aberden, six months after it was supposd to be in the Island. :undecided:

nice, assuming the image is authentic, looks like we really have an armored train carrying vehicles. Could that really be a Brumbar sitting down there? at any rate, authorities are confirming a multi-level complex with possibly multiple trains.

At first thought , how could the nazi's have lost an entire train?" , but if you stop and think about it, by January of 1945 the Wermacht was in full blown retreat, with some army groups being completely routed by the advancing soviets. When your losing hundreds of kilometers of territory every day and thousands of men, a train is really nothing at that point.

2C26611500000578-3229403-image-m-3_1441897296839.jpg

alright, now for some fun. Were there Brumbars in this area in January 1945? Why yes, yes there were AAMOF. :)

2 possibilitiesSturmpanzer-Abteilung 218 and 219. Lots of confusion here as these originally started out as Sturmpanzer-Kompanie z.b.V. 218 and Sturmpanzer-Kompanie z.b.V. 2/218 and were used together with Ferdinands in defensive action. The Ferdinands would take out advancing tanks while the Brunbars took out the infantry. They fought in Kursk, then the Warsaw uprising. Some elements transferred East to Fight in Italy or France

Sturmpanzer-Abteilung 218 was ordered established by Guderian using Brumbars and were destined for Paris, but it never happened , and Stug 3's were used instead. What happened to the vehicles, all destroyed in action or cut off and stashed in a tunnel?

Sturmpanzer-Abteilung 219 looks to be an even more probable candidate,

from

http://www.flamesofwar.com/default.aspx?tabid=112&art_id=1802&kb_cat_id=36

[TABLE=class: normal10, width: 710]

[TR]

[TD]The Abteilung was established in September 1944 from the remnants of assault gun brigade 237 and the 4th company StPz Abt. 216 at the training ground at Döllersheim, Germany. The unit was intended to be equipped like the other StuPz Abt, but initially received only 22 StuPz IV.

When the uprising plans in Hungary became known, the 1st company was transferred in October 1944 to Budapest.

[/TD]

[TD]Sturmpanzer-IV-late-04.jpg[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TR]

[TD]The company didn’t see any action and was therefore redirected to St. Martin in Slovakia, where they reunited with the rest of the battalion. In the beginning of December 1944 the Abteilung was transferred to the Velence Lake area in Hungary.46 For December their strength was raised to 28 StuPz IV.47

Starting January StuPz Abt 219 was assigned to 23rd PD and participated with that unit under 6th SS Panzer Army in the failed relief attempt of Budapest.[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TR]

[TD]Sturmpanzer-IV-late-01.jpg[/TD]

[TD]During March the battalion lost nearly all of its Sturmpanzers, and was transferred to Czechoslovakia. There it was intended to equip the unit with captured Russian tanks. On 6th April 1945 Army Group South reported, that the unit had 30 captured tanks available, mainly T-34’s. But combat deployment was rejected on April 10th, since the necessary ammunition was not at hand.

End of March 1945 the 2nd company received 10 StuPz IV and was again transferred to Hungary. There the company was assigned to schwere Panzer-Abteilung “Feldherrnhalle” (heavy tank battalion). On April 26th the 3rd company was also assigned to that regiment.[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

During the beginning of 1945 the Abteilung received stocks of malfunctioning ammunition, which resulted in the explosion of several vehicles.

In April the tank-less remnants of the Abteilung were transferred to Waidhofen, where they formed the core of Panzer-Jagd-Brigade 123 (tank hunter brigade). They surrendered at Zwettl.

so 219 operated in this area, they had vehicles that were damaged or destroyed by malfunctioning ammunition which were probably not repairable by front line resources. Could very well have been loaded onto a train and sent back to a more rearward position with greater capabilities, then cut off.

if you look at the area they operated in= Hungary, then transferred to Czechoslovakia, back to Hungary, and their final retreat and surrender at Zwettl where they had no tanks left with them. So what happened to their vehicles?

The Story forms a triangle on the map, between their deployment, operations, and surrender. You've heard of the Bermuda Triangle, now we have the Brumbar triangle on Wroclaw Poland :D

Wouldn't this be amazing if true though, the vehicles would be a perfect time capsule, you could identify not only regimental markings but possibly even commanders and crew.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/sep/11/polish-explorer-nazi-underground-tunnels

Situation seems to be , publicity whipped up until governmental funds are found and Polish army instructed to secure area , then start procedure to complete a thorough final and definative search. Financial resources and required permissions for privateers out of the question..

looks like they have a small forestry crew out there clearing trees and shrubs over the tunnel so the army can check for explosives. Seems a little odd, to have guys running around with tractors and chain-saws before they check for explosives, I don't think I would like to be on that crew

158186a688471629820f6a706700b4cc_t800.jpg

looks like they have a small forestry crew out there clearing trees and shrubs over the tunnel so the army can check for explosives. Seems a little odd, to have guys running around with tractors and chain-saws before they check for explosives, I don't think I would like to be on that crew

saw that on the news just before 'trying' to sleep http://www.news.com.au/world/breaking-news/workers-clear-nazi-gold-train-site/story-e6frfkui-1227529458775

[ATTACH=CONFIG]107936[/ATTACH]

This scene is more likely to be due to the overhead power cables, note orientation of pylon in background. They clear swathes of woodland over here where it has grown up under power cables. Not an unusual scene.

This scene is more likely to be due to the overhead power cables, note orientation of pylon in background. They clear swathes of woodland over here where it has grown up under power cables. Not an unusual scene.

in other words, the high tension power lines just happen to be in perfect alignment with the Nazi gold train ,

another miracle :D

The fact that they're clearing shrub now and trying to get the army in there before Winter sets in is good, waiting till Spring will just cost them more in keeping the area closed off and policed

http://www.news.com.au/technology/science/doubts-raised-over-authenticity-of-nazi-loot-train-ground-radar-scans/story-fnjwl1aw-1227529700518

SOURCE material seems to be Exen (well informed ? , better informed than most)

------------------------

"alleged" goldtrain site ,, colour photograph , double-track with electrification gantry , seems concrete sleepers (hardly WW2 evidence) , hardly a sidings , this double-track length - it seems has been back-filled and area to be investigated.

Ballyhoo subsidance - I detect..

However, one academic interviewed by the newspaper says the images indicate the whole exercise is a hoax. Dr Jerzy Zietek of the Polish Academy of Mining said he’s never seen radar scans that look like the leaked images, and points out that “the sections indicated as cannons have a different resolution to the other sections
Has working for a state institute in Eastern Europe given Dr. Zietek access and experience to state of the art equipment and made him an authority on what a steel train buried under 40 feet of dirt would look like? I think not.

One really good thing here is that it's only 40 feet down , so we should know fairly soon what's down there. My bet is it's a military train with battle damaged vehicles, supplies , ammo, and maybe some things of marginal value, like previously mentioned Ore's. Something that was overlooked and forgotten because it had little or no value to the Russians, who blew the entrance shut, then it sat there until the hastily built siding rotted and collapsed under it's won weight.

In other words, something only the folks on this forum and WW2 historians would get excited about ;)

as with any other media event, every "Expert" in the world will be coming out of the wood-work to throw in there 2 cents. I would need to see some evidence of the Nazi's even contemplating a chemical defense of Berlin before considering that there might actually be nerve gas down there. I'm sure the Polish army will be taking every precaution, or hope they will

My money's still on Brummbars and maybe even a Ferdinand :)

as with any other media event, every "Expert" in the world will be coming out of the wood-work to throw in there 2 cents.

pet peeve of mine... the news aint the news anymore:

- car hits stop sign

- car hits stop sign, driver possibly drunk

- car hits stop sign, driver possibly drunk, related to domestic disturbance

- car hits stop sign, driver possibly drunk, related to domestic disturbance, arguing over global warming,

- car hits stop sign, driver possibly drunk, related to domestic disturbance, arguing over global warming, car was a buick

- car hits stop sign, driver possibly drunk, related to domestic disturbance, arguing over global warming, other car was a buick

hmmmm, starting to get the feeling that some posters really don't want this to be there. :angel:

Chances are better than 50/50 that There's something down there, it's a much higher possibility than the Burma spitfires IMHO.

Look a the brite side, the Burmese army shot and killed 2 guys who were digging illegally at the air-port, no one in Poland has so much as suffered a scratch, well except for that guy who fell in the Crypt but that was accident.