restoration of a valentine MK5 tank started

monty2

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

With the correct paperwork through, the Valentine is ready for transport. Final water blasting and checking we loaded onto the flat rack. I had to extend the side of the rack , as they only come in at 2.2m wide, and we need at least 2.5m for the track to be properly supported. Once this was achieved I brought in my 40ton crane for the lift. After lifting and positioning it a few times  to get the correct location on the rack, we were in the final stages of lowering and were only a couple of inches off the deck, when how typical, the main pump hose blew on the crane!....call in the hose doctor for a fix. She has about 85tons of restraints on her. These are all inspected by a Marine Surveyor to certify the shipment for boarding onto the ship. Next in we have the swing lift which loads onto the truck in a minute and then gone. Cheers from The Tank Factory...........until next time!

DSCF8947.JPG

DSCF8968.JPG

DSCF8969.JPG

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Hi

Pictures are excellent. I am busy building a 1:6 model of the Valentine and need hobbles of information. Are there a manual available that you use to rebuild this project and how do I obtain one.

Thanks

Joahn Victor