Have the Police lost the plot??

Marmite!!

My Mum lost her phone yesterday & notified the Police in case someone handed it in, she was told that even if it was handed in it would be destroyed immediately & that they would take no action in trying to trace the owner, it wouldn't even be held in lost property, she was told that this was because off the data protection act & that they are not allowed to turn the phone on because it contains personal data... haven't they heard of serial numbers on the back :dunno:

on contract phone there is also the PUK code that connets the phone to a operator....i.e. vodafone, orange...

it sounds like you got Constable stupid..

they just want to make you scream sometimes, i got stopped about 1am ish the other day on my bike, when i asked why did you stop me they replied "they thought it was suspicious a motorcyclist at night" GRRRRR...

there was noting wrong with my riding or the bike....

BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU and the the channel 4 verion....

Met. Police lost the plot years ago Lee. You know the issues we've had with mindless vanalism and to this day we still haven't seen a police officer around here.

The local Community Support Officers told us they know there is a problem and they have instigated an enhanced presence in our area - they walk down the street once a day in the mid-afternon whilst the kids responisble are at school....

Total waste of time!!!! Can't blame the officers though - it's the Political Morons who micro-manage them who are responsible! >:( >:(

Having retired from wearing the blue suit into data protection for the same organisation albeit further north. I have to agree that quite a large number of officers hide behind data protection because its to much work to do it properly or they just dont know how to.

If they found your wallet would they not look in it to see who it belonged to in case there were other addresses. No dont answer that some probably wouldnt :dunno:

Dont get me started on the other things which wind me up

centurion