James ML centre stand wanted.

Ian L

Ian,

Did you find a centerstand? If you find a source please let me know.

If you have a photo of the frame where the stand connects, a bit farther back, could you post it please.

I can't sort out in my head how it attaches to the frame.

Ian,

Did you find a centerstand? If you find a source please let me know.

If you have a photo of the frame where the stand connects, a bit farther back, could you post it please.

I can't sort out in my head how it attaches to the frame.

Well I'm not Ian but here is a picture of mine. I already posted a source. Ron

ML 024.jpg

Well I'm not Ian but here is a picture of mine. I already posted a source. Ron

Hi Ron you've just answered my next question about where the springs should fit to, I can now see that mines all wrong.

Could you post a photo of the lugs on the front of the stand as it looks like I have the correct stand but the lugs are missing.

Regards

Edited by Ian L

I'm not sure what you mean by "front lugs" Hear is someone else's ML. Ron

Hi Ron I was referring to the 1st photos I posted of the post war stand that appear to have lugs added to the front of the stand to support the bike when sitting on the stand.

These may of been added of course to support the bike better ?

Ian I don't recognise that stand in your first post. It must be something post war? Look at the original stand on the paving slab in post#2.

They are very basic. Just two flat bars for the sides with the necessary bends and held together with two round bars. No added on lugs or bits on the feet.

I know that the post war ML stand has the two round bars at different spacing to a war time stand and that the feet are 'T' shaped instead of 'L' shaped. Ron

Ian I don't recognise that stand in your first post. It must be something post war? Look at the original stand on the paving slab in post#2.

They are very basic. Just two flat bars for the sides with the necessary bends and held together with two round bars. No added on lugs or bits on the feet.

I know that the post war ML stand has the two round bars at different spacing to a war time stand and that the feet are 'T' shaped instead of 'L' shaped. Ron

Hi Ron I've sussed it out now ? the stand on my bike is correct as its the same as yours but,

The 2 stand brackets with square holes in them appear to be handed ? the previous owner has assembled the brackets incorrectly so they face about down 20' instead of up 20' like your photo shows so the bike sits too high and the stand slopes too far forward.

Just took the pegs apart, swopped them round and it all looks ok now, just need to make the 2 flat plates for the springs like in your photo.

Thanks again.