Anyone tried Mineral Oil in in a brake system recommended to DOT oil

Max

I wonder if we could use standard land rover series brake cylinders without changing the original rubber seals.

I know it does not work the other way round because DOT oil would perish the mineral seals.

Max

If you are talking about CVRT I don't know if it would work but it is not really a big deal to change to mineral seals and they are easy enough to get hold of. In my experience it doesn't do to take chances with braking systems!

Tim

I wonder if we could use standard land rover series brake cylinders without changing the original rubber seals.

I know it does not work the other way round because DOT oil would perish the mineral seals.

Brakes are a life and death matter and I would not advocate what you suggest, besides seals there are other things to consider, like whether the brake hoses would be affected by mineral oil and also the viscosity of a mineral oil above a DOT4 could affect to functioning of the master cylinder. Definitely a no-no in my book.