second go at first post

i thought I had posted already but I think I must have messed it up somehow. I have come to the forum recently through an interest in interwar British armoured and other vehicles, and particularly in the Experimental Mechanised/Armoured Force. I have been posting a number of photos and questions on my Vintage Wargaming blog and elsewhere. Tomorrow I am going to Beamish Museum to look at two large photo albums from the Vickers works entitled Tank Development by Vickers Armstrong Ltd. There seem to be several hundered photographs, some of which have been catalogued and all of which have been digitised. I am hoping many of these will not have been seen before. Its all gone very fast in the last couple of weeks but I am really looking forward to tomorrow.

Well I spent a fascinating couple of hours at Beamish Museum this morning, saw the two photo albums from Vickers Armstrong Ltd, and had a behind the scenes tour of their storage facility.

They have had the two photo albums since the late 1960s so they are not quite sure where they came from. They are definitely works or factory photographs of high quality which I have not seen before. Some of the later ones are marked "top secret" on the back.

The Museum are going to supply me with digital copies of all the images and have given me permission to post them/publish them on line - I just have to wait for the images to arrive and work out the best way to do this.

One of the books has a beautiful hand drawn index page - this is a picture taken today without a tripod or any other useful equipment.

IMG_5194.jpg