Wicksteed at War 2015

On the 12th of June we were invited to pop up and see a friend of a friend who was a Sherman command tank driver during the second world war reunited with a sherman for the first time in 70+ years, Arthur thoroughly enjoyed himself so thank you to everyone involved and here are a few pics from the weekend.

Steve

IMG_3256.jpg

IMG_3133.jpg

IMG_3148.jpg

IMG_3155.jpg

IMG_3167.jpg

IMG_3169.jpg

IMG_3174.jpg

IMG_3177.jpg

IMG_3191.jpg

IMG_3192.jpg

IMG_3234.jpg

IMG_3243.jpg

IMG_3252.jpg

IMG_3254.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Looked like a great show. Shame my work commitments stop me from going to these shows. Have just bought a Mk1 ferret with the view to restore it to it's original unit markings from when it joined service. Will be making time to do this and when finished hope to take it to some shows. Heard that the W&P was it's final year or is someone going to keep it going as the revenue it makes must be phenomenal. It's also a part of life for all the collectors and re-enactors, hope it continues.

Steve.

Hi Rick,

Out of interest how many vehicles attended W@W this year approx.

Apart from armour did there seem any increase in attendance ?

It was difficult to say as the layout was different, there were the same amount if not a few more there this year. We were going to go up for the weekend but sprogs with the weather forecast made us change plans so only went up Saturday. Public attendance was low not surprising considering it rained all day and a couple of stallholders didnt turn up but the traders I spoke to said that they had done OK. Mainly a lot of light/mediums.