Ward LaFrance wood for bed

All;

I need some help here. The wood in my wrecker bed is pine, I know it is supposed to be hardwood. How is the wood secured. It looks like mine just lays in-between the openings, however, before I attempt to take it out I am asking for some guidance.

John G

All;

I need some help here. The wood in my wrecker bed is pine, I know it is supposed to be hardwood. How is the wood secured. It looks like mine just lays in-between the openings, however, before I attempt to take it out I am asking for some guidance.

John G

Hi John,

I believe on the M1A1 the wood is dropped in to the openings, then a 'T' shaped steel section is welded in to hold it down.

- MG

Hi John,

I did a temporary deck timber replacement some years ago. I used some available pine.

From memory, the planks slid in under the 'T' shaped member in the middle and dropped down onto the outer or inner lip and bolted there. I had to rebate the edge to fit under the 'T'.

My truck is away ATM but I'll have a look in the next day or so.

However, as these trucks were not mass produced, what you have may be slightly different to the next M1A1.

We'll see.

Have a nice day.

Sam.