Morris commercial C4

painted some bits for the front of the cabin and reassembled the plate work and some wooden bits that go under the pedals.

IMG_1801.jpg

The passenger side plate is a temporary fit as the dashboard needs to be fitted first.

Now the big puzzle starts as many bits came in boxes with the Morris C4 from France.

IMG_1797.jpg

Don't cam fit the rear of the cabin for good as we are making new petrol tanks, I think it is easier to fit these petrol tanks without the cabin over them !

IMG_1800.jpg

IMG_1798.jpg

Edited by guy66

painted some bits for the front of the cabin and reassembled the plate work and some wooden bits that go under the pedals.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]107729[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]107730[/ATTACH]

The passenger side plate is a temporary fit as the dashboard needs to be fitted first.

Now the big puzzle starts as many bits come in boxes with the Morris C4 from France.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]107731[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]107732[/ATTACH]

Don't cam fit the rear of the cabin for good as we are making new petrol tanks, I think it is easier to fit these petrol tanks without the cabin over them !

Hi Guy top quality restoration once again, if your around this weekend we'll pop by & see you on route to Germany / Holland for 10 days in the motorcaravan (museums & battlefield tours) give me a call.

Regards Ian

Did some repairs on the battery box, painted and back in place.

IMG_1808.jpg

Will have to make the lid for this box !

IMG_1810.jpg

The big regulator box (radio truck type) back in place and the identification plate fitted in the inside of the cabin on the passenger side.

IMG_1805.jpg

IMG_1809.jpg

Steering box is back to original specification, the person go sold it to my had the sector shaft re grind and made also new bushes for the steering box housing.

I replaced the tapper bearing and adjusted everything.

Back to original, looks match better than the modified thing that came with the Morris from France.

Modified French steering box.

cat 07.2014 050.jpg

And now back to original !

IMG_1817.jpg

cat 07.2014 025.jpg

cat 07.2014 026.jpg

IMG_1815.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Oil filter is in place and the cylinder head back on the engine.

IMG_1828.jpg

Fitted also the New old stock screened distributor I found on Beaulieu auto jumble last September , the C4 came from France with a radio type distributor but the screened top cover was missing.

IMG_1831.jpg

Also been at work on the passenger side foot well, had to ad a piece of missing thick metal plate on the back side off the foot well. The L profile used on the bottom off the foot well is off a size that's now longer available so had to cut a piece off U profile that is almost the same size.

Luckily I found a side box, will need to reproduce this one as it is in a bad shape and now can lengthen the supports on the bottom off the side box.

The supports where modified to fit tread plates on the breakdown truck.

cat 07.2014 045.jpg

IMG_1829.jpg

IMG_1830.jpg

IMG_1824.jpg

IMG_1825.jpg

IMG_1827.jpg

Edited by guy66

Engine back on the chassis, it's really a tight fit to get the engine on its supports. when the front cabin section is in place, there is not match space left between the engine and front section.

And don't forget to put the manifold back on the engine as I did ! If you do there are two solutions, take the engine back out are strip some angle iron on the front bulkhead..:cool2:

motor C4 2.JPG

motor C4.JPG

Edited by guy66

Is it possible that there is a section of the angle iron missing around the pedals, just have a look on the picture and you just can see a bit of a piece of angle iron?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]104823[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]104824[/ATTACH]

This was the bit of angle iron that was missing !

IMG_1833.jpg

IMG_1832.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Reconditioned water pump by EP services back in place and the gearbox also back on to the engine.

will also have a bit of work on the radiator duct, think the ventilator came louse in the past and did some damage to the duct.

IMG_1845.jpg

IMG_1841.jpg

IMG_1840.jpg

IMG_1842.jpg

IMG_1843.jpg

Edited by guy66

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Radiator in a fresh coat of paint and the front radiator cover also reddy for installation .

But first need to repair the supports for the radiator , these are metal bits with rubber in between. We call it silent blocs to suspend the radiator.

Made a jig for the supports and now these are off for some new rubber vulcanise in between the metal bits.

IMG_1889.jpg

IMG_1884.jpg

IMG_1887.jpg

IMG_1888.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Made a pair new petrol tanks and the trays that go under the tanks.

The problem with these trays is that they collect dirt and moisture and the bottom of the petrol tanks start to rust.

Luckily we managed to reclaim the ends of the tanks with on one cover a small repair.

IMG_1902.jpg

The old trays.

DSC_2007.jpg

IMG_1900.jpg

IMG_1901.jpg

Edited by guy66

There must gave been a problem with the radiator cooling fan ( broken are came unstuck ) in the past as the duct on the radiator had deep cuts in it and so was the bottom fan shroud.

The duct is repaired and back on the radiator and this section is back on the chassis.

Had a try to weld the bottom cover but it was to bad so made a new bottom fan shroud and the top one was till in good shape.

Now I am looking to put the new petrol tanks back in to place but first I need to make 4 new fitting straps for the petrol tank and tray that go on to the supports on the chassis.

More to follow.;)

IMG_1905.jpg

IMG_1904.jpg

Edited by guy66

• 4 months later...

Made a new start on the Morris, these last months I have been working on my classic car project that I started before the Bedford QL restoration and some work on classic motorcycles .

Started to reproduce the passenger floor section and the little box on this side.

side box C4.JPG

side box C4 3.JPG

side box C4 2.JPG

Edited by guy66