Morris commercial C4

Little toolbox ready , made the hinging lid and made a pair off support extensions for the big tool box on the same side of the Morris.

Tomorrow I will start to repair the big box as it is in a sorry state.

side box C4 6.JPG

side box C4 4.JPG

side box C4 5.JPG

super work Guy, keep it up, had any chance to measure the box for the back yet ?

Had a lead to a vehicle with a little modified radio box on it , but this type vehicle never was made with this kind of radio box and the owner wanted to put the vehicle back to original and was thinking to take the box of the chassis.

And now the bad news, the person sold the vehicle as it was with the box on it to a new owner .

Hopefully this new owner is also looking to bring the vehicle back to original so the box will be surplus to him?

But I made contact with the owner of the Morris C4/WT here in Belgium and had a look last Saturday at his truck.

Guy

Had a lead to a vehicle with a little modified radio box on it , but this type vehicle never was made with this kind of radio box and the owner wanted to put the vehicle back to original and was thinking to take the box of the chassis.

And now the bad news, the person sold the vehicle as it was with the box on it to a new owner .

Hopefully this new owner is also looking to bring the vehicle back to original so the box will be surplus to him?

But I made contact with the owner of the Morris C4/WT here in Belgium and had a look last Saturday at his truck.

Guy

Fantastic work as always ...you should go professional !!!!

Pm sent Regards Andy

The very bad tool box is back in business, after some welding work it looks again as new.

Welded the side covers on it with gas welding as original, now just some fixing holes to drill and al this stuff can be sandblasted.

Now I can start to make the little door for the battery box.

IMG_1988.jpg

IMG_1985.jpg

IMG_1986.jpg

IMG_1987.jpg

Edited by guy66

Great work as usual Guy.

10 years ago I new where there were 5 bodies of the type you need including 3 in a row in a scrap yard. They have all been scraped now.

Peter.

For sure Peter , with the passing of time the situation don't improve . It looks a bit like the rear section of my QL, think it will be home work. :undecided:

Bonnet top in black paint for the Mickey Mouse camouflage and now I need to paint the sides, first in green and then apply the black rounds .

Had to make the front bonnet brass hinge as this was missing on the C4.

I am still looking for 1 side spring that holds the bonnet down, I have 3 of these . So only missing one, I can swap with springs that I have for Bedford MW.

Made also the lock for the side box and fitted the petrol filter that came from Norway with some other new old stock parts.

The fuel system was modified on this Morris to a traditional French petrol pump but al the fitting holes where still on the right location for a autovac system, so we will put it back to autovac system. I like to have it original .

As there is a ELA type engine on this late C4 there is a provision on the side off the engine block to use a mechanical petrol pump.

IMG_1994.jpg

IMG_1990.jpg

IMG_1991.jpg

IMG_1993.jpg

Edited by guy66

The weather was very kind today so I could do some spray work ! Painted the sides off the bonnet and some small bits.

Painted the complete starting handle mechanic and the front cross bar where the mudguards are fitted to, just had a trial fit for the drivers side mudguard and the fitting looks almost good. This side will only need a small bit of welding but the other side (passenger) will need some serious work as it was severely bent. Picture from the passenger side before strip down by previous owner.

cat 07.2014 046.jpg

IMG_1995.jpg

IMG_1996.jpg

IMG_1997.jpg

IMG_1998.jpg

IMG_1999.jpg

IMG_2000.jpg

Edited by guy66

• 2 weeks later...
I am interested to know why the passenger side mudguard has a hole in the outer edge for the mounting bar but the driver's side doesn't? Is that how they were?

trevor

Fantastic work Guy, very much the same as my PU and CS8............

Trevor, the reason is that the mounting post protrudes through is that there was the scope to mount a thin rod and ball on it sometimes painted red or white, to help the driver see where the wing was, as vision is very poor, this is also the reason that in most cases the passenger wings are damaged.

Jules

Drivers side newly made petrol tank back in place , had to lengthen the home made fitting straps as these where a bit to short . The original tanks were fitted with felt in between the straps and the tank and the rubber I used is a bit thicker so there must been a difference in length.

But of the original straps there was not match left over to make a template and to measure these up.

Battery box lid also in to place , tomorrow we move to the other side of the C4.

cat 07.2014 118.jpg

The collection of radio bits for the rear starts to grow , now only need to find the remains of a No.1 MK3 house type wireless body. :undecided:

IMG_2020.jpg

GUY

IMG_2017.jpg

IMG_2018.jpg

IMG_2021.jpg

cat 07.2014 023.jpg

IMG_0976.jpg

IMG_2019.jpg

Passenger side petrol tank back in place , now I need to paint the tool box in front of the petrol tank as soon as the sandblaster is reddy with it .

The cabin is also back on to its place and had a trial fit for the drivers seat , and at first glance the cabin looks so small.

This is a big difference to my Bedford QL as on these as a driver you have a nice place to do the job.

IMG_2024.jpg

Also had a look how the doors will fit , these came from France completely striped , will make new door skins and have a good look to reassemble the hinges.

The new old stock petrol tank filler filter from Norway will be of some use , pity that I had to remove the part number tag on it.

IMG_2027.jpg

IMG_2025.jpg

Edited by guy66

Did some repairs on the drivers seat, had to weld the rear cross bar on the base of the seat rails .

Modified the passenger seat back to original, in the past they fitted a back rest on to the seat but normally there is a cushion for the passenger fitted on the rear of the cabin.

I am not sure if the wooden pieces under the passenger seat or in the right position, is there someone that can come up with a picture go these must be fitted to the floor? :undecided:

IMG_2031.jpg

Passenger seat before back to original.

IMG_2033.jpg

Is the wood under the passenger seat on the right location ?? I think they need to move a bit to the front .

IMG_2034.jpg

IMG_2030.jpg

IMG_2032.jpg

Edited by guy66

Did some repairs on the drivers seat, had to weld the rear cross bar on the base of this seat.

Modified the passenger seat back to original, in the past they fitted a back rest on to the seat but normally there is a cushion for the passenger fitted on the rear of the cabin.

I am not sure if the wooden pieces under the passenger seat or in the right position, is there someone that can come up with a picture go these must be fitted to the floor? :undecided:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]115273[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]115274[/ATTACH]

Passenger seat before back to original.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]115275[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]115276[/ATTACH]

Is the wood under the passenger seat on the right location ?? I think they need to move a bit to the front .

[ATTACH=CONFIG]115277[/ATTACH]

Hi Guy

The drivers seat is not right. I'll take mine out and send you a photo if you can pm me your e-mail address. The base has been built up it appears, which may mean you will be looking at the windscreen frame when you're driving. You need to sit low to see out when driving in a C4! The passenger seat in mine is a standard framed seat, like the drivers. It never had the early cushion on the back bulkhead and there is no sign of their ever being one fitted to the bulkhead. As I recall your C4 is a late mark 2 with the extended wheelbase.

Thanks for your help putting me in touch with Tobin, he's helped me out.

Best

Jerry

Hello Jerry.

When I started on this C4 there where still two turn button clips left on the passenger bulkhead , at first I didn't know there use but after a bit of investigation it seems that these where there to fit the passenger back rest . you still can see the fitting holes for the two missing turn buttons.

IMG_1733.jpg

IMG_1732_2.jpg