Scrap yard relics...

Jack

Curiiosity satisfied easily. They are brand new pistons in cosmo. Full boxes of 12. I opened one to look. I even have the label off the individual boxes in front of me as I type.!

LV7/AN K3 161 C

PISTON CPTE

+1/32 O/S

QTY 1

I understand all of the above except the actual code - so are they for Dodges or what?

They are for the 1940's Austin truck engine, as it says K3, then would assume they are OK for all the 3.5 litre engines, in K2 and K3. They would most likely be cast iron and look to be +.030" oversize. Any Austin part is worth saving.

Richard

• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(I'm sure any NOS parts are woth saving, buit even with the cosmoline they should be under cover or when the labels are gone nobody will know what they are!)

Paul,

No problem with British parts, if the labels are damaged or missing, because once the cosmoline is removed there is another label on the outside of the box, also on inside as well.

Richard

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all,

on a recent visit to Disneyland Paris saw some MV`s 3 jeeps 1 wc i landrover plus others posted here, even one for the PW chaps.

DSCF0151.jpg

DSCF0148.jpg

DSCF0147.jpg :pfrt:

DSCF0147.jpg

DSCF0148.jpg

DSCF0146-1.jpg

DSCF0146-1.jpg

hopefully of intrest.

Ashley :nut: :nut:

Edited by Marmite!!

Also seen at Rush Green, a pair of step-frame trailers which I believe were towed behind Dragon Wagons. Can anyone confirm their identity ?

Ackack,

You're quite right, those are Pacific trailers. They are certainly known about by the Pacific owning fraternity but I think Rush Green wanted silly money. I have a friend who has known RG for years who will be able to tell me the full story. I'll find out and post.

- Mike

RG seem to want silly money for most things - they had an Antar Mk2 a year maybe two ago. Visually a bit of a wreck, let alone the poor mechanical condition, that needed a LOT of money spent to get into presentable condition and the price they were asking was Mickey Mouse to put it mildly.

IIRC it was up for £12,000!!!!

RG are a little expensive but I only paid just over scrap price for the radar trailers, £100 per ton and they contain a fair amount of precious metals. £12k is a bit much for an old Antar but I would rather buy one than a restored jeep for the same price ! Anyway where else would you get one, there aren't many Antars around ?

RG are a little expensive but I only paid just over scrap price for the radar trailers, £100 per ton and they contain a fair amount of precious metals. £12k is a bit much for an old Antar but I would rather buy one than a restored jeep for the same price ! Anyway where else would you get one, there aren't many Antars around ?

Talking of Antar's I saw these last year. Very nice vehicles.

100_2969.jpg

100_2970.jpg

100_3411.jpg

Edited by Marmite!!

Hi Joris,

all of these, along with other items like the cars from, 101 Dalmatians (Renault 5), quite a few `Herbie's` (VW) stage coaches, police cars and the odd submarine(type one British) Are in the movie set section,

The other two jeeps and the WC are dotted around the Indiana Jones roller coaster.

Ashley

Those are VERY nice Ian - about the only vehicle I'd be tempted to swap little Maud for!!!

Why swap her for one Neil. Why not get one to transport her about? :-D. Well other than the fact that they need special permission to go on the road and their fuel consumption is measured in gallons to the mile of course. ;-)

Richard

Why swap her for one Neil. Why not get one to transport her about? :-D. Well other than the fact that they need special permission to go on the road and their fuel consumption is measured in gallons to the mile of course. ;-)

Richard

Well - those are two of the reasons - then there's nowhere to put anything THAT big not to mention convincing SWMBOAAC that letting me spend £12K plus on one would be a good idea!!! :-) :-) :-)

• 2 weeks later...

Sadly NO Gov't whatever their political flavour or colour has ANY interest in preserving things for the future!!! All any of them have is the short-sighted view of "how much is it worth now" and "How much of that can I get into my own bank account".

Crooks, liars and scum the lot of 'em!!

Surprisingly the US government has allowed over 300,000 original (pen and ink, pencil) mechanical drawings of vehicles and other such from post WWI through about 1985, I believe, to be sorted and organized by the Military Vehicle Preservation Association. I am one of those sorting drawings and it is a rare treat to come across the original drawings, dated in the very early days of WWII, so some vehicle.

At least someone had the good sense to save these drawings rather then toss them into the nearest Dumpster!

• 1 month later...