In the bushes on the lower right

[ATTACH=CONFIG]73948[/ATTACH]

Afew shots of this in there

[ATTACH=CONFIG]73949[/ATTACH]

A shy Dodge

[ATTACH=CONFIG]73950[/ATTACH]

An Acmat :D

[ATTACH=CONFIG]73951[/ATTACH]

In the first pic infront of the blue wagon, is that the front of a DUKW, screen and bow or off someting more modern?? Not up on my DUCKS!!!:red:

• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 thousand, 2 hundred and eighty one pages to go through, and translate, thats going to keep me busy.

:D:D:D yeah and you aint done the camion thread yet...... mind you this helps:

dragon wagon yard here http://www.travellerdave.co.uk/?s=27 would the Garwood be ex military??? thats a new one for me

other yard with acmats here http://www.travellerdave.co.uk/?s=38

Edited by fesm_ndt

• 4 weeks later...

Some of the usual stuff from over here

[ATTACH=CONFIG]75242[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]75243[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]75244[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]75246[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]75247[/ATTACH]

I did grab a handful of the glass lights. Anyone know what the ones without wingsa are? I am guessing series 1 Land Rover???

[ATTACH=CONFIG]75245[/ATTACH]

Do you know what the winches are off ?

Finally got internet :-D Actually I am not sure what they off. Being German I am assuming Condor APC's but I didn't think they had so many, so is a bit of a mystery

[ATTACH=CONFIG]75277[/ATTACH]

• 2 weeks later...

I would like a set of wheels off one of these for my shorland.. if anyone could help...?

Clive I found some of the remains of these today and the data plate says shorland SB301 Mk3 but cant see the VIN

[ATTACH=CONFIG]72231[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]72232[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]72233[/ATTACH]

I would like a set of wheels off one of these for my shorland.. if anyone could help...?

the guy that owns that chassis wants to keep them I believe but he was there when the rest were cut up. I'll just texted him to see if he knows of any other sets.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Here are some adresses, but Traveller Dave knows the all.

Surplus Militaires et Industriels

D1092, La gare

38840 La Sone

FRANCE

Tel : +33 (0) 476 644 356

Fax : +33 (0) 476 644 555

@ : contact@jeep-dodge-gmc.com

Web : http://www.jeep-dodge-gmc.com

St. Bauzeley =

Santos Rosa 0033 (0)466816026

Better relics by the way in our series http://www.frituurzorro.nl

The six wheeler in post 936 is a Supacat that looks to have had a fire I might guess.

It looks as if equipment doesn't last long in the military in your country Mike.

What about Hagglunds BV206 units, ever see them? We could use a few parts of them that would be worth your while to salvage. If you find one let me know by email.

Robin

The six wheeler in post 936 is a Supacat that looks to have had a fire I might guess.

It looks as if equipment doesn't last long in the military in your country Mike.

What about Hagglunds BV206 units, ever see them? We could use a few parts of them that would be worth your while to salvage. If you find one let me know by email.

Robin

Yes it is amazing that most countries are upgrading Pinzgauers, the Malaysian Army wrote them off. The maintenance quality is extremely poor, we have seen carved wooden parts and gears that have been filed out of steel.

I know of several Supacats in pieces and was even offered one but I have resisted thus far. The only Hagglunds I have seen have been in the museum so I am not sure if any of them are still serviceable either. Every now and again the spares get dumped at auction, that end up in the junkyards.

When I get back from the UK I need to go up and see if anything new has appeared as has been a while since my last foraging trip

I did grab a handful of the glass lights. Anyone know what the ones without wingsa are? I am guessing series 1 Land Rover???

[ATTACH=CONFIG]75245[/ATTACH]

Mike they were series 1, 2 and even early 3's also. The light unit is the same across all the series vehicles and the glass lenses were later replaced by the Lucas Bug Eyes.

Also those lights were standard fitment on nearly all FV's including wheeled and tracked armour.

Finding those things will all the wings on is always a challenge as they break easily.

Also a set of clear ones still go for some decent money.

Nice find though, as they are getting rarer over here now ;)

I keep meaning on lugging those lenses to the UK but the last few trips I been bring bits for the Acmat

In that set these are a few domed ones that are smaller with no wings plus grabbed a heap of map lights

I suppose I am supposed to be back next Feb

Finally I have started to unpack my slides and have recently started to experiment with my slide scanner.

These scrapyard pictures are of Freeths between Swindon and Cricklade and were taken in either 1997 or 2000. I can not figure out which.

The business operates as Thamesdown recycling.

For the tale of how we figured out where this is follow this link, its worth it. http://hmvf.co.uk/forumvb/showthread.php?22215-Who-is-this-Chap

Of the two Stalwarts the one with the blue hue to it is 72 MS 71 and a MK 1 and the MK 2 I think is 00 ER 72

Sadly I didn't look at the RL closer.

If I do not get the ID of any of these correct please chime in, I am far from an expert.

freeth stolly.jpg

freeth stolly 2.jpg

freeth stolly rear.jpg

freeth Bedford RL wrecker.jpg

Edited by robin craig

I am hoping that the current owner of this vehicle recognises their start point and I would love to make some prints for him or her. The numbers on the front are 95 MS 05 and must be one of the first released many years ago.

The 432 with the Peak Engineering turret does not seem to have any numbers that I can make out clearly.

R

freeth scorpion rear.jpg

freeth scorpion front.jpg

freeth 432 peak.jpg

freeth 432 peak rear.jpg

Edited by robin craig

The M35 is now owned by Martin Saunders apparently.

The amphibious bridge is 26 BT 11

The Fv434 is not a wreck but this is the vehicle that I spied from the road and caused me to do the U turn and go weasel my way into this yard.

Many thanks to those who have added comments to both threads.

Hope it all makes sense now.

Robin

freeth float bridge M truck.jpg

freeth 434.jpg

Amazing what is out there and you just don't know it! Used to drive past that recycling place at least a couple of times a year over the lest decade or so when on the way to the Great Dorset Steam Fair and back. Thanks for sharing the pictures Robin.

• 2 weeks later...
The M35 is now owned by Martin Saunders apparently.

The amphibious bridge is 26 BT 11

The Fv434 is not a wreck but this is the vehicle that I spied from the road and caused me to do the U turn and go weasel my way into this yard.

Many thanks to those who have added comments to both threads.

Hope it all makes sense now.

Robin

Nice Montego as well, probably a 1600 from the trim. :D

Alec.