Scrap yard relics...

Jack

• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes I agree post #303 is a White Scout car cut in two at least both halfs are still there , pitty someone cut the rear armour for the skate rail and the front skate rail is cut as well , From what I have seen of other projects undertaken over there this one should be an easy weld together again job , wonder why it was cut and if the engine and transmission are still attached ???

I saw 5 or 6 Whiste Scouts that day, all cut in the same way. These were cut to pieces due to armaments deals in the 90s. These were all in the armed forces back then. Yes, we did see lots of intresting pieces that day. Saw some RSOs in a garage as well. Talking to a couple of intresting guys as well.

Marty

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Marty.

And here is an emaciated Vickers Vigor seen today at Eye airfield in Suffolk. I cannot say if this was an ex army one or not, but I reckon the Army had most of them (?) so it probably is.

There was another one here until about 9 months ago - I saw it being loaded onto a lorry, perhaps for spares as it was quite rough? Also here for many years was a complete dumper trailer on tracks (forget the name - Airey or something?) which I believe was wartime. It seems to have disappeared now.

DSC02201.JPG

DSC02202.JPG

DSC02203.JPG

• 3 weeks later...
Dont suppose you know where these are located? I thought they may be Russian as they came off a Russian website.

Rick,

I would say that the bottom photo could have been taken at Rex Cadmans collection, .....there is a clue in the picture. They are likely to be the rare Churchills unearthed a few years ago on an army training area near Folkestone.