Scrap yard relics...

Jack

As some of the lucky ones were being driven to W+P, spare a thought for this old girl I found basking in the morning sun today, 'somewhere in Norfolk'. Been here ever since demob.

Sadly she is destined to remain in this spot for some time yet, as a sale is not an option. Unloved maybe, but relatively safe. You have to admit it is a magical scene.....

• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

couldn't you just tow it away? and leave behind a pile of scrap metal, some piles of rotten wood and four tyres, surely they'd never know :whistle:

Seems such a shame.

Add a pink cushion, a gun ring on the drivers side and sell it to some poor unsuspecting Englishman..... :whistle:

:drool: that Matador looks to have the Artillery body on it,.............COR....... :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Would love to own one of these beasties,........................(although such practicalities would need to be adressed first,........namely, where to keep it !

MW fits nicely into space I've available,...........Matador certainly wouldn't !!)

Us Brit owners don't need cushions, (pink or otherwise, :whistle:) or gun rings............cos were WELL 'ARD !! :whistle: :whistle: :-D

Visited Bovington in 1999 (new building just opened?) and thought it was a great museum - anything new to see there now?

Another Norfolk yard from Tuesday this week - 2 x Chev 1.5T this time, and these are available.........spares only I would imagine.

The rear truck is a Post Hole Borer, as it has the original Highway winch behind what is left of cab.

You need to be brave to take on these trucks (and the owner!), a very good cab is available (with trucks only?)

If interested, PM me with your contact tel. and I will gladly pass on to owner.

I was saving this one for another day, but have just seen it advertised on Milweb by someone, on behalf of the owner (totally co-incidentally!!).

So here it is - a very rare Dodge WK-60 workshop truck with unusual Thornton double-drive rear bogie. Also interesting spring and relieving arrangement at back end. Had same body(?) as Austin 6x4. Not in the best of condition, but a real challenge or good for driveline spares?

In the same yard as the Chevs, either PM me and I will give you owner's tel. no., or respond to Milweb ad.

• 3 weeks later...

Bloody hell Nick.What a jeep.That could be one of the most original jeeps around.Repro parts were unheard of 40 years ago.Why wont he sell it to you.It doesnt look like he,s going to do anything with it.Well he aint in 40 years.? Oh and can i have a drive in the new toy when you get it.?Always liked the look of them.

• 2 weeks later...

Looking through old files today I found this. I think it's a Crossley of some sort (Q possibly), it sat in a yard about 30 yds from our garden for several years before being taken away. The owner told me it had gone to the Newent area to be restored. Ahybody seen it on their travels?