Jack

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

I got sent piccies of these from a Penang scrapyard

[ATTACH=CONFIG]89275[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]89273[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]89279[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]89271[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]89274[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]89272[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]89276[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]89277[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]89278[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]89270[/ATTACH]

Mike,

When you say "in a scrap yard", are they interested in selling them as is or removing parts people want?

You can reply by email if you want.

We are interested in some particular parts, no clue where Penang is in relation to you.

Robin

i was told they want around 15000rm for them which is around 3000 quid each. But that is in an email as face to face is always better over here.

penang is around 4 hours North of here from memory so planning a trip up to have a look to see if they got pieces and or spares as got one local guy thinking of buying one.

Hi Mike

I could do with engine and gearbox covers. (Two sets would be nice for both the ones i have)tracks, road wheels, inter body drive shaft, gear box, and drive shaft brakes, exhaust from turbo to the rear body, wiper motor, mudflaps.

Sorry for the big list but anything would be could.

Would be will to by as is if the shipping is not to expensive.

Most likely the engine or gear box in that one has popped engines are sort of merc 603 but lots of bits seem different.

Mike, how many of these units are there in the scrap yard, roughly? More than 5? more than 20?

There is a market for the whole vehicle even in that state.

Tony, yes many items such as lights at rear car are different, but major components like drive train seem to be of the standard type

Roadwheels are top of our list as Tony says many small items also like mudflaps.

I guess I should go photograph what we want and email you Mike?

R

I only have a picture of one so far. I got some more piccies today

I have sent a few 40ft containers to UK with Pinzgauers in them for mates, but not sure how big these are. Maintenance is typically bad here, but km's generally low (as they break them)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]89356[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]89357[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]89358[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]89359[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]89360[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]89361[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]89362[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]89363[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]89364[/ATTACH]

Hi Mike I'm tld they go in a container parts would be good but don't mind the complrte unit. I have two in the UK both missing lots parts

Don't want to tread on Robins toes will go with whatever!

I need to get up there and have a look for everyone.

Never been to the yards that far north.

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...