Bedford MW Wheel Bearings

44GPW

Question

7 answers to this question

Richard, the inner is 1 1/2" x 3 3/8" x 7/8" x 0.209" equiv. SKF 1.131089/9 and the outer is 13/16" x 2 7/16" x 0.829" x 0.591" equiv. SKF 1.131122/3

Changing them is straightforward, they're Timken type so same procedure as with any Timken wheel bearing.

That's great help both....thanks.

Did you get the wheel bearings ok? Is there a modern day number for the inner and outer bearings? My local bearing supplier did not recognize those numbers but he thought if he seen the bearings then he could help.

They are skf numbers and the first number for the reference is the letter I not a number As far as I can remember there was no Timken equivalent

chris

Richard, the inner is 1 1/2" x 3 3/8" x 7/8" x 0.209" equiv. SKF 1.131089/9 and the outer is 13/16" x 2 7/16" x 0.829" x 0.591" equiv. SKF 1.131122/3

Changing them is straightforward, they're Timken type so same procedure as with any Timken wheel bearing.

They are skf numbers and the first number for the reference is the letter I not a number As far as I can remember there was no Timken equivalent

chris

Hi Chris,

I have a wartime dated War Office data book of bearings on all vehicles in British service. I have found the two SKF numbers although I think Sean may have got a number incorrect on one it should read I/131098 / 131099 (I have underlined where the error was).

There are Timken equivalents listed for these numbers;

SKF I/131098 / 131099 > Timken 337S / 0332US

SKF I/131122 / 131123 > Timken 248X / 244X

I have been down this path for MW wheel bearings before, but cannot recollect where I eventually found them.

regards, Richard

Try HENDERSONS Bearing RINGWOD 01425477787. I have used them on my restorations over the last 40 years FOR{ AIBION FORDSON DODGE INTERNATIONAL AUSTIN FORD GTB ) & a special 4 link wide chain for the WOT 1 crash tender . Always found the right one I wanted. T CORBIN