1940's and 50's US army trucks

draganm

... A full set of bar treads will probably add to the cost, but that can wait till you have worn out the ones that are on there. ...

It won't take long to blow out the tyres - but a set of bar treads and rims is waiting. I got thrown by the wheels - they are 6 hole Budds which should mean 11.00 x 20, however they are 10.00 x 22, the rims of which should have more cut-outs. Might be enough good ones for the trailer, all of which started out as road treads but during service both sizes got swapped around and mixed on tractors and trailers so anything goes really.

If anyone has any 10.00 x 22 road pattern tyres I'd be pleased to hear from you! Also 8 off 11.00 x 20 Budd rims please?

Tony

Good, that broken stud on the front wheel should be a standard size too so no big deal. I did have a look at a couple of aircraft wrecker versions, now long gone, and the thing that decided me again them was the state of the cabs. They looked fine, but the wooden framing was completely rotten. Hopefully yours has been in a much drier environment and will be as it should be. Bit of preventative wood treatment may be in order if you have a mind for it, to keep it nice given our wonderful UK winters.

Had to treat her as a non-runner for shipping purposes. Adds to cost but a lot cheaper than missing the ferry due to not starting when needed for loading.

It's all your fault!!! But thanks anyway :-D

holy moly, that's the Truck from COLORADO? you bought it and shipped it all the way to the UK! The freight must have been 2X or 3X the purchase.

Well I'm glad it's authentic ,to justify your efforts, and that it went to a good home. There's lots of of odd and unexpected stuff out here in the Wild West, and you never know what kind of armor , weapons, vintage vehicles and airplanes, etc. will turn up in some isolated property in the middle of nowhere. Not to mention the scary property owner , usually with a sign that says " if your looking at this, I'm looking at you, thru cross-hairs"

oh, There's a WC51 just down the street from me in Brighton too, I'll post a pic later :-D

Edited by draganm