Antar rebuild progress

From the "user" end of the re-work programme I can only ever recall FEC being involved - but that is not to say that there were not others, indeed some in-depth work was carried out by both Unit and Base workshops as required. The numbers are not so odd when you consider that there were probably no more than 160 Antars working hard at the time. I am also fairly certain that not all went through the programme, although I never really understood the criteria - we would loose excellent units for rebuild, whilst some of the less lovely machines had to stag on!

Thanks Paul

Surprising to see the number of Mk3,s in the Jack Sheppard videos, that still have the FEC contract number in the window(636). Gives the impression that they could have all passed through our hands.

One other question I have is, What happened to the trailers when the Commanders arrived. Where they disposed of at location or returned for sale?

It was a little after my time but my understanding was that most went for scrap - they had lots of metal and not much of anything else. Certainly they are few and far between in preservation (I am in the market for one at the moment). I am sure that the Germany ones would have been sold centrally from Recklinghausen, the UK ones from Ruddington or similar.