Unknown German general with staff car

Gradez

Dear Readers, after long time reading, and very carefully adding my two cents, this is my first question for help. A friend of mine gave me a stash of photos from his grandfather, depicting his wartime experiences. Sadly, there are not much notes on them, so it is quite difficult to figure out, when and where the pictures where taken. Needless to say, that the recollections of the family are very limited as well... But there are a few hints. As far as I know by now, he served as an enlisted man with an artillery Regiment of Panzergruppe Kleist and was deployed to France, the Balkans and Russia. So, my questions for today would be, does anybody recognize the General on the picture added? Could it be Fieldmarshal von Kleist himself? Does anybody recognize the pretty elegant staff car? If so which type/model is it? Any help will be appreciated very much. Gradez

Kopierschutz.jpg

Trust HMVF, give them a person to identify and all they can see is the vehicle in the background!

:rotfl:

Chris.

Correct, anyway wearing a uniform like that is all the i.d. you need.........BANG!:cool2:

Trust HMVF, give them a person to identify and all they can see is the vehicle in the background!

:rotfl:

Chris.

Thank you so much guys.

As I wrote in my initial post, I am interested in the car, too. That is, why I posted my request in this forum. You can find knowledge about both, the men and the rides, here :D. So please, post right away, if you have anything to say about the car. Can we consider it being a BMW, now?

Thanks a lot

Gradez

Hi Gradez

From the info from your original post, Gen Von Kleist was released from his command in March 44 and went to enforced retirement . ( In other words he had upset Hitler )

Gen Walther Nehring took command of the 1st Panzer army on 2oth April 1945 until its surrender .

Wattie

THANK YOU ALL,

@ Sean, yes that will be worth a try.

@Wattie. thank you, for the details. I looked them up and am a bit confused now, because I felt, that 1944/45 would not fit into the general timeline of the rest of the pictures which seem to cover the 1940-42 period. But who knows, how the picture found its way to the others.

@Motorfahrer, thank you und vielen Dank, for the BMW-link. BMW 321 fits very well.

No one has mentioned the commander´s pennant/flag (I do not know the correct English term), mounted to the wings. Is it an army commander´s insignia?

Thank you

Gradez