Dutch Army Matchless G3 Motorcycles

DWS

I am following up some research that indicates that a number of ex-AFS Matchless G3 (1960/61 vintage) motorcycles were sold to the Dutch Army in the late 1960s/early 1970s, rather than being sold through the Ministry of Supply auctions. I have traced two ex-AFS Matchless motorcycles to Dutch owners who tell me that they were led to believe that they were ex-Dutch Army when they bought them but so far they have no proof of this. Does anyone have any information on this subject please?

Thanks

Dave

Dave, check out the BSA M20 website (find by googling)........there are some serious WD bike experts on there....Dutch as well, who can probably give you an answer. Ferg

Thanks for that, I'll give it a go.

Dave

Dave, did you do anything with the info I sent?? (have more time now, to do the rest I have here) and could you provide me with the details of the various sales, as I only have the dates......

Cheers,

Lex

ps, any sales with the postwar Military Registration numbers mentioned, as in above scans, I have more info on! (numbers like 00YA00 etc.)

Cheers,

Lex

Dave, did you do anything with the info I sent?? (have more time now, to do the rest I have here) and could you provide me with the details of the various sales, as I only have the dates......

Cheers,

Lex

ps, any sales with the postwar Military Registration numbers mentioned, as in above scans, I have more info on! (numbers like 00YA00 etc.)

Cheers,

Lex

Hi Lex

I have sent you and email, ignore the part about the WD Motorcycles Forum, that's me getting confused again!

Dave