WW2 British Airborne Trailer

Hello Mike,

I am in the process of drawing up plans for a airborne trailer as I have 2 in pieces that need a new body and central spar. I am happy to share dimensions with you or even the drawings, if you can wait until I finish them.

I am also looking to get a quote for for getting the body panels pressed. Anyone out there had one made before who can give me an indication of the cost?

Tom M.

I have a scanned copy of the April 1949 5460 Identification List for 10 CWT Trailers. It has some good detailed arrangement drawings. Shoot me your email through PM and I'll send you a copy.

Hi Geordie

Any chance you could shoot a copy of these to me too please? Just finishing the airborne jeep and a trailer is next project.

My email is

paul@rapidhydraulics.co.UK

Thanks

Paul

Hello Mike,

I am in the process of drawing up plans for a airborne trailer as I have 2 in pieces that need a new body and central spar. I am happy to share dimensions with you or even the drawings, if you can wait until I finish them.

I am also looking to get a quote for for getting the body panels pressed. Anyone out there had one made before who can give me an indication of the cost?

Tom M.

Be happy to hang on for the drawings, that's very kind of you. looking forward to seeing them. Very much appreciated.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Guys

Have a look at Milweb trailers, there's a pair of generator trailers for sale, 1 without genni.

Lots of lovley bits plus a genni suitable for restoration.

I've known the vendor for 30 years and he's had lots of experiance with airborne trailers, he's down in Sussex so a bit of a treck if your north of the Thames.

Regards

Robin (Tiffy)

Hi Guys

Have a look at Milweb trailers, there's a pair of generator trailers for sale, 1 without genni.

Lots of lovley bits plus a genni suitable for restoration.

I've known the vendor for 30 years and he's had lots of experiance with airborne trailers, he's down in Sussex so a bit of a treck if your north of the Thames.

Regards

Robin (Tiffy)

​Robin,

Not surprisingly at that price, they sold almost immediately. It also included a remains of an No1 and the two in the photo were just intended to be for spares to restore it. Somebody got a bargain!

Just wondering when you think you may have your drawings ready. No hurry just interested and don't want to bug you.

Hello Mike, I've not forgotten. Just in the middle of a house move at the moment and trying to make some space to build the trailer bodies. I can send you what I have if you want, but it is only dimensions of the tub without the reinforcing struts, or the central chassis spar, so not sure it would be much use yet.

Hello Mike, I've not forgotten. Just in the middle of a house move at the moment and trying to make some space to build the trailer bodies. I can send you what I have if you want, but it is only dimensions of the tub without the reinforcing struts, or the central chassis spar, so not sure it would be much use yet.

Thanks for reply will need dimensions etc on tub and frame so when u have it all that will be good. Just didn't want to keep bugging you. Good luck with the moving.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all.

its a while since I posted on here. Good to see the airborne trailers are still keeping a good following.

Thought I would offer these to you guys first before I put them on ebay or the likes.

In the process of having a clear out of all my left over trailer parts.

I've owned, restored, rebuilt 8 mk1s and have a collection parts left over.

4 axles with hubs, drums and back plates, some with break fittings some without. 2 of the axels are the standard short axle to suit the airborne Mk1. Then 2 axles are longer I believe they would have been fitted on the GS trailer??? They can be cut down to match the shorter axle think its a 4" section.

4 narrow 16" wheels

3 wide 16" wheels

1 solid narrow 16" wheel.

two full sets of springs. one set heavy duty, one standard set. both interchangeable.

10 spare sets of shock-absorbers

2 complete sets of Mk1 spring and shock-absorber mounts. These have been taken of trailers I have cut up. deemed to good to scrap. All have been shot blasted and put in primer.

1 front Tow hook complete.

2 front tow hook rings, small size.

PM me if there is any interest.

• 4 months later...

just wondered if you had any news yet?