Need Urgent Saracen Inspection in Telford UK

datadawg

It's going to a good home and will have some friends to play with.

Martin, did you buy it? If I knew you were bidding on it, I would have bowed out, as a courtesy. No sense to have raised the price competing... I always notice your posts on SS, I grew up in Newton Mass and still have some family there; I was impressed to see a Scorpion in Massachusetts, half expected the liberals to try to outlaw armor in the State.

If the Saracen is coming home to you, best of luck with it. I travel to Boston area for business a few times a year, would love to see your fine collection some day.

Gary

Martin, did you buy it? If I knew you were bidding on it, I would have bowed out, as a courtesy. No sense to have raised the price competing... I always notice your posts on SS, I grew up in Newton Mass and still have some family there; I was impressed to see a Scorpion in Massachusetts, half expected the liberals to try to outlaw armor in the State.

If the Saracen is coming home to you, best of luck with it. I travel to Boston area for business a few times a year, would love to see your fine collection some day.

Gary

I did not buy it Gary but I did facilitate the purchase for a good friend of mine. He lives about 30 miles from me. this will join a group of us that have Jeeps, Ferrets, Bren Gun Carrier etc. and of course my Scorpion. Your welcome to come play if you are in the area. With all this snow I doubt I will see my trailer till June! Parades early in the year may well not happen.

Martin.

Thanks everyone for their help. I was invited to put in a bid exceeding the other bidder, which I did, but the seller insisted on giving the other bidder last look. I now learned the other bidder bumped up my bid and was awarded the Saracen. So it wasn't meant to be, though I sure feel used.

I will keep hunting...

Hi,

You know, there is one up here near Ottawa, Ont. Canada. It belongs to a young man who is tinkering with it at his parents gas station. Its a Mk 5. Robin, who is on the forum knows more about it I think. I don't know if its for sale, but I could try and find out more about it if you like.?

Cheers

Nick

CWC Canada

I did not buy it Gary but I did facilitate the purchase for a good friend of mine. He lives about 30 miles from me. this will join a group of us that have Jeeps, Ferrets, Bren Gun Carrier etc. and of course my Scorpion. Your welcome to come play if you are in the area. With all this snow I doubt I will see my trailer till June! Parades early in the year may well not happen.

Martin.

Thanks for the invite. I will definitely reach out next time I go. The snow in Boston has indeed been biblical. I was there for a meeting a month ago and had to stay overnight because of a blizzard. Next day, decided to ignore the travel ban and drive back to Philly through 18 inches of snow. Crazy drive, couldn't tell whether I was on or off the road, and I had 4 lanes of highway to myself. Drove 60 miles on Mass Turnpike without seeing a single car.

Where do you guys go offroading? My company just foreclosed on a 20 acre parcel of land in Middleboro, it's pretty far south of Boston, but could be prime playground until I figure out what we do with it ;)

Hi,

You know, there is one up here near Ottawa, Ont. Canada. It belongs to a young man who is tinkering with it at his parents gas station. Its a Mk 5. Robin, who is on the forum knows more about it I think. I don't know if its for sale, but I could try and find out more about it if you like.?

Cheers

Nick

CWC Canada

Great, thank you. PM me contact info for the seller if you have it!

The one Nic mentions "at his parents gas station" is not for sale.

The owner is on here as "mwarrior" or something similar, he used to live in Toronto but has relocated. His name is Gagan and he is a fairly decent chap just a bit pushed for time and space.

His one came from A & S in the UK.

I was supposed to go visit it at again at Christmas but the day ran short and night time in an arctic climate are not the best times to go crawling around armoured vehicles.

Hopefully he is going to build a "shed" of some kind for it.

Robin

The one Nic mentions "at his parents gas station" is not for sale.

The owner is on here as "mwarrior" or something similar, he used to live in Toronto but has relocated. His name is Gagan and he is a fairly decent chap just a bit pushed for time and space.

His one came from A & S in the UK.

I was supposed to go visit it at again at Christmas but the day ran short and night time in an arctic climate are not the best times to go crawling around armoured vehicles.

Hopefully he is going to build a "shed" of some kind for it.

Robin

apologies for the error...seems that there are a few folks locally talking it up that it's up for sale

cheers

Nick

• 4 weeks later...

So a little update on my Saracen quest...

After I lost out on buying the Saracen in Telford, I found a Fox FV721 that piqued my interest. I had Bob Grundy go check it out and decided to buy it. Turns out Bob also had a Saracen he wanted to sell, so I am getting it.

They are heading to Baz at Trackfix to get overhauled, before shipping to USA. I go through periods of excitement and panic, as I realize that I'm completely clueless on what to do if/when they break down after I get them here. Plus, Mrs. Datadawg isn't exactly a fan of "green monsters". If this gets me kicked to the curb, I take some solace that I will be able to live in the back of the Saracen!:nut:

Plus, Mrs. Datadawg isn't exactly a fan of "green monsters". If this gets me kicked to the curb, I take some solace that I will be able to live in the back of the Saracen!:nut:

Just show her much shopping you can get in them! :-)

Andy