Ventile Arctic Parkas

PetOp Pete

I think a stock of these must have turned up, as several different sellers seem to have them. The usual herd of dimwitted bidders seem to be out in force, nibbling up the price to ridiculous sums long before the end of the auction. Evidently ventile is "in", "retro" or whatever you want to call it, and the mere mention of the word, especially in conjunction with the name Nigel Cabourn, is sufficient to cause a sort of mass hysteria, resulting in a crazed stampede and one deluded owner with a lighter wallet at the end of it. Clerkenwell and Hoxton must be awash with people wearing them by now. No need to worry though, because they'll all be back on ebay in 18 months time when they are "so last year, darling!"

Nice eh?

I sold the one that went for £669 and I did a deal with the pants included too.

Not sure about Hoxton or whatever mine sold to a Japanese collector.

As you can imagine I made quite a tidy profit.

I have had it for a while and I have got rid of all my RAF gear now. (Wish I did have a bundle of them)!

I have noticed a few have gone on eBay since ; )

You should get yourselves down to the vintage showroom on Earlham Street Covent Garden they have a grey one on sale for £1300!

Merry Xmas.

Clerkenwell and Hoxton must be awash with people wearing them by now. No need to worry though, because they'll all be back on ebay in 18 months time when they are "so last year, darling!"

Or when they discover that wearing them in the city leads to dehydration because it ain't -20 degrees outside. The same silliness happens here in Canuckstan with a brand of parka called Canada Goose. Kids buy them to make a fashion statement then sell them on because they're too hot. Who was it that said nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of "consumers"? Still, I wish I had stuffed my basement with surplus items when they were cheap. The missus would now have to apologize for all those snarky comments about my "green obsession". The Ventile parka on ebay is now almost up to a thousand quid. A dozen of those and one could contemplate a nice little cruise in the Pacific.