Auction of 30 years of collecting military vehicles

johnwardle

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yes John that should bump the price up quite a bit :D

Were you stood on the roof of a Rover ambulance?

Not exactly, I was standing on the bonnet of a series 3 that is next to the series 3 ambulance. I think the ambulance has been converted to a camper at some time, as it has been repainted and is covered in mountain biking stickers. There is also a 101 ambulance in the auction, but it will need quite a bit of work.

Edited by johnwardle
Predictive text

image.jpg

anychance of pictures of the landrovers please

Here's a photo of 2of the 101s including the ambulance, there are almost 100 Land-Rovers in the auction including Series 1, 2 & 3, Series 3 lightweights, 101s, 90s, 110s and a genuine Series 2 Pink Panther (10 FG 88). Are there any particular ones that you want photos of?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
RGX 875 looks an interesting (and unusual) beast ... cab makes me think of funfair ride control kiosks ...

It is unique, built by Alvis on a modified Salamander chassis to test surface friction on airfield runways. It has an aircraft wheel connected to a dynamometer which is lowered on to the runway and records the friction. It was used by NASA to test the runway at Edwards Air Base before the Space Shuttle missions. It has a Rolls Royce B80 engine and a top speed of over 60 mph. It is complete and has only 1 previous owner, the Ministry of Aviation as can still be seen on the side of the cab.

It is unique, built by Alvis on a modified Salamander chassis to test surface friction on airfield runways. It has an aircraft wheel connected to a dynamometer which is lowered on to the runway and records the friction. It was used by NASA to test the runway at Edwards Air Base before the Space Shuttle missions. It has a Rolls Royce B80 engine and a top speed of over 60 mph. It is complete and has only 1 previous owner, the Ministry of Aviation as can still be seen on the side of the cab.

It was known as the Alvis Juggernaut, and if you do a search there is a previous thread on here about it...

any news on this?

ive had a look the Martian Recovery has sparked my interest but also looks like there's and SIII v8 lurking in there so im wondering what eles they might have.. quite keen on going down for it..

Cheers Sam.

• 4 weeks later...

There will be approximately 35 vehicles auctioned by tender on 3rd of May, viewing will be on Friday 1st & Saturday 2nd of May. These vehicles are; 2 Diamond Ts, 1 hard cab & 1 soft cab, a Scammel Explorer, an ex USMC International 1.5 ton, an AEC Matador, 2 half sized AEC Matadors (the ex Duxford ones), the unique Alvis Runway Surface Friction Tester, Scammell Crusader Recovery, Foden 6x6 Recovery, Leyland Martian Recovery, Bedford RL Recovery, Bedford RL, Green Goddess, Land Rover TACR1, Land Rover Piglet, Genuine Land Rover Series 2A Pink Panther (10FG88), Humber Flying Pig, Foden FH70 Limber, FH70 Howitzer, 5.5" Gun, 2 Leyland Daf DROPS, MOWAG Mobile Target, Series 1 Land Rover and more.

All vehicles with photos will be listed on Milweb this weekend in the Auctions section. The remaining Land Rovers and spares will be auctioned at a later date which I will post as soon as I know it.