Auction of 30 years of collecting military vehicles

johnwardle

I'm assuming from what is left in the Milweb ad that the Lightweight & 101 together with most of the 109's have already been sold off privately?

Only a couple of 109s have been sold privately.

The remaining Land-Rovers including 4 101s in various states, Lightweights, 109s, Series 1s, Series 2As, 110s and a very nice almost finished 90 Wolf with a 300 TDI fitted will be auctioned at a later date along with LOADS of Lan-Rover spares including NOS Lightweight & 101 Body panels. When the auction date is confirmed I will post it on here

Edited by johnwardle
Tripping errot

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

John, only one day between viewing and submission of tenders, and over a weekend (so tenders would have to be submitted in person as no post)?

And a Bank Holiday weekend to boot. That will make for enjoyable long-distance motoring to get to either of the viewing days…...

Only a couple of 109s have been sold privately.

The remaining Land-Rovers including 4 101s in various states, Lightweights, 109s, Series 1s, Series 2As, 110s and a very nice almost finished 90 Wolf with a 300 TDI fitted will be auctioned at a later date along with LOADS of Lan-Rover spares including NOS Lightweight & 101 Body panels. When the auction date is confirmed I will post it on here

Thanks for the info John, much appreciated.

Regards

Bob

Any details on the sale?

I spoke to Neil tonight and he told me that 16 of the lots sold, including both Diamond Ts, the Rogers trailer, the full size Matador and the 2 half sized Matadors, the Foden FH70 Limber, the Dodge Fire engine, the Series 1 Land Rover hardtop, and the FH70 Howitzer which is going to Australia!! Unfortunately I don't have the prices that they sold for.

I spoke to Neil tonight and he told me that 16 of the lots sold, including both Diamond Ts, the Rogers trailer, the full size Matador and the 2 half sized Matadors, the Foden FH70 Limber, the Dodge Fire engine, the Series 1 Land Rover hardtop, and the FH70 Howitzer which is going to Australia!! Unfortunately I don't have the prices that they sold for.

Thanks John.

I think it would be a sound bet that the FH70 is destined for the new Armour and Artillery Museum in Cairns, Queensland ;)

That's were all the 'good stuff' is going at the moment , Rob has several of my pieces over there and the size of the items doesn't seem to phase him ! :nut:

Rob..................rnixartillery.

That's were all the 'good stuff' is going at the moment , Rob has several of my pieces over there and the size of the items doesn't seem to phase him ! :nut:

The Churchill Toad flail tank is on its way from the US to the museum I understand, that will be one of his largest exhibits I reckon. Would love to see it doing a bit of bush bashing!

Did the piglet sell ?

not sure i know both DT 981's and the rogers sold the explorer is remaining very local the pink panther sold and i think that is staying in melksham. the matador and the 2 mini matador's sold and all 3 are going to the same person. i don't know about any of the other vehicles as i was only interested in the vehicles mentioned already.

I think it would be a sound bet that the FH70 is destined for the new Armour and Artillery Museum in Cairns, Queensland ;)

Probably. I don't know how they are funded, but they're spending money like it's going out of fashion.

Cheers,

Terry

• 1 month later...