Auction of 30 years of collecting military vehicles

johnwardle

Yes it is Richard, they were built for Duxford by Lion Cars who also built half sized buses. It has Mini engine & gearbox mounted longitudinally driving Bedford HA van axles, the front axle pivots on the dif, no Ackerman steering!

Thanks John,

I could not remember the axles, but later on thought it was Viva, so that matches with the HA van !

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are 6 to choose from Terry including at least 1 Flying Pig. Postage may kill the deal though.

Hi John

Are there any FC101 FFR's?

Also more importantly I am after a pair or at least one FFR Unitary Radio Station rad op seat, pics below from early in the year by Wayne;

URS radop seat_!.jpg

URS radop seat_4.jpg

In anticipation,

Regards

Bob

Hi John

Are there any FC101 FFR's?

Also more importantly I am after a pair or at least one FFR Unitary Radio Station rad op seat, pics below from early in the year by Wayne;

[ATTACH=CONFIG]99277[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]99278[/ATTACH]

In anticipation,

Regards

Bob

I haven't seen any, Bob but he has 2 large sheds full of spares I won't find out what's in there until nearer the auction date when we start sorting through them.

I haven't seen any, Bob but he has 2 large sheds full of spares I won't find out what's in there until nearer the auction date when we start sorting through them.

Hi John,

Many thanks for the reply, I would appreciate if you could keep me in mind re the seats.

Regards

Bob

[ATTACH=CONFIG]99107[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]99108[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]99109[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]99110[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]99111[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]99112[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]99113[/ATTACH]Coming up at end of Feb/ beginning of March in Wiltshire auction of some very rare Military Vehicles, including a USMC International 1 1/2 ton, 1 of only 2 known, A unique Alvis Runway Surface Friction Tester, 2 Half Sized AEC Matadors, hard & soft cab Diamond T 981s Rogers Trailer, Scamell Explorer with Meadow petrol engine, very low mileage AEC Matador, 5.5inch gun, FH70 Howitzer, Foden FH70 Limber, Humber Pigs, Saracens, various Land Rovers including Piglets. More details to follow when the auction date is confirmed.

Hi John, Do you have any details on who is the auctioneer and when the vehicles are available to be seen? Thanks for sharing the photos. Yours etc. James

• 2 weeks later...
Are the remains of the AEC matador armoured car still hiding away there? it was just the chassis and armoured front end possibly a dorchester!

Neil does have the remains of a Dorchester, I haven't seen it but some of the yard is very overgrown. It should be in the auction as it isn't on his list of things to keep.

Neil does have the remains of a Dorchester, I haven't seen it but some of the yard is very overgrown. It should be in the auction as it isn't on his list of things to keep.

Unless he has other parts hidden away, it just consists of a very rusty chasis and drive train. No body of any type when it was shown to me many years ago.

• 2 weeks later...
When is this auction?

The auction date has not been set yet, we are still cataloging the lots, there are 2 large sheds full of spares as well as the vehicles. There will be a couple of viewing days before the auction, I will post the dates as soon as I know them.

John

• 1 month later...

image.jpg

While tidying Neil's yard in readiness for the auction I found this Humber Pig almost consumed by brambles. When I uncovered it I found these strange brackets on the sides and doors.

This is allegedly a Mk1 ambulance version that has not been up-armoured, you can see traces of the Red Cross and the hooks for the original canvas roof in the third photo. Does anyone have any idea what the brackets were for?

The army registration number was overpainted with Matt black paint, all I can make of it is _1 _K 6_.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

John it is a Mk 2 ie uparmoured as in Op Bracelet.

The brackets are the support bases for struts to support anti-RPG mesh as in Op Kremlin

Even on a Mk 2 most of the hooks that secured canvas were just left in place.

Thanks for that Clive, did you notice that it was the rare turbo version?