WW2 British/Canadian rare scrap yard haul

happydayz123

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi All, I must appologise, Ive been unindated with emails & phone calls. The main problem I have, is two fold, a lot of the parts a'rnt labeled which doesn't help with identification. And the fact I don't own either a QL, MW, OY Austin K5, Fordson wot etc etc. Makes the task, a hell of a lot harder. Obviously I can relate, to external body panels. Engine/brake parts etc, is a hell of alot harder, to identify. So please bare with me.

The whole point of saving the vehicles from the scrap yard, was to give them the best chance to be restored as possible, hence once all the vehicles, have been sold. I'll give the protential buyers, first refusal of the parts, they need to aid in the restoration of said vehicle. After that I will try & help as many vehicle owners as possible.

Regards

stu

Complete nos wooden Body 15cwt in kit form. Each individual plank of wood as a part no starting with FV. I'm thinking post war ? The only post war vehicles at the yard, were Austin MRA1s Any help is greatly appreciated. The complete body is for sale, can email pics.

part nos no as follows :

Fv7972

fv7739

fv7737

fv7735

fv7734

fv7738

fv7736

fv7972

Hi All,

Bit of a waste of time to be honest, the C8 is now well & truly flattened. Me & Ian, managed to salvage to following parts.

Nos canadian F15a bonnet, QLR prop shaft, radiator cap & shroud, various manifold metal hoses, gear box & a engine block. wot 6 parts, which will go with the truck. 2 ft of Spitfire propeller ? Morris Commercial fuel Tank.

The Austin 10 cars are still there, one is in very good condition ex Royal Navy. If anyone's interested, please let me know. I took some pics of them, I was there. So could pass them onto any interested parties.

Cheers

stu

A massive well done to you and your helpers for saving this treasure trove for fellow enthusiasts, there cant be many hauls like this left now. I would love to save an Austin 10 but current financial circumstances say otherwise:cry:

All best wishes in 'homing' it all!

Hi All,

Bit of a waste of time to be honest, the C8 is now well & truly flattened. Me & Ian, managed to salvage to following parts.

Nos canadian F15a bonnet, QLR prop shaft, radiator cap & shroud, various manifold metal hoses, gear box & a engine block. wot 6 parts, which will go with the truck. 2 ft of Spitfire propeller ? Morris Commercial fuel Tank.

The Austin 10 cars are still there, one is in very good condition ex Royal Navy. If anyone's interested, please let me know. I took some pics of them, I was there. So could pass them onto any interested parties.

Cheers

stu

Really need a QLR rad cap with seal if this is still available

Trailers....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]98578[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]98577[/ATTACH]

Could do with some hoses and accessories from this but they seem like they have probably seen better days, plus would probably cost me far more in petrol than what they are worth going that far north. Would definitely be too far to go to buy the whole thing and would be a shame to split it all i suppose.

By the way great to see its been saved!

Just found some interesting info, regarding the Bedord QLT I have.

WD no ooyy45 3/07/42, chassis no 13914, L1711494, contract V4924, disposed at Ashchurch July 1961

stored at Ruddington

With the post war WD reg you may be able to find the wartime number and details from the RLC museum.

Similarly, FMW may be able to find you the contract card.