Royal Enfield WDCO front fork

Einbeck Bowl

This front fork came with my Triumph earlier this year and was identified here as Royal Enfield WD CO. It is complete with fender, but was heavily rusted, so I needed to put some work in it, in order to preserve it. However I can not disassemble it further, as the bolts (3,4) are stuck. Cutting part 2 and 1 in half seems to be the only way of being able to remove it. I also don´t know how to remove the main shaft (5?). Any ideas?

WDCO_4.JPG

Still some rust visible which needs to be sandblasted in areas covered by the parts I want to remove. The metal corrodes really quick again once the rust is removed. I needed to spray the overhauled areas, as I work only from time to time on it. Original Thread:

http://hmvf.co.uk/forumvb/showthread.php?43244-What-type-of-girder-fork-is-this

Maybe you should send me those forks to strip. You need to know that the threads are left hand on the right hand side and normal right hand on the left side. So screw the spindles inwards to undo them. Maybe with some heat to help free things up a bit. Ron

Spindle 3 can be turned a few threads into both directions, until it is blocked by part 2 on the other side. Are the threads running in opposite direction?

The other spindle is completely stuck, I tried heat, oil and yelling at it in German. Unless I find a (cheap) WD/CO without a fork this will be stored here for years or it will become someone else´s problem.

Oliver

Yes Oliver that is how I tried to explain it. The threads are running in opposite directions. I think if you get both links very hot at the spindles, then let them cool for a minute or two, then screw the spindle inwards with the square end, they should move. If the spindles are seized in their bushes, then the whole area will need heat. Or try swearing in English as I doubt they will understand or even want to respond to German. Ron

PS. You can't remove the steering stem untill you remove the lower rear spindle, as it passes through it.

Edited by Ron

On E Bay today is a triumph 3SW Fork ..item no is 2616529256266..I have compared it with the stripped one on triumph wd and it looks a 100% match .A second opinion would not hurt but appears to be the holy grail in terms of your missing forks

Good Hunting

Jenkinov

Yes if I were Oliver I would try and buy those fork blades in the hope that the other parts can be found or perhaps another complete fork turns up. Sometimes the only way is to collect separate parts at jumbles/ebay etc. At the right price some of these parts are better than money in the bank anyway. Ron

Thanks, I have an original 3sw main fork, ´new old stock´ from Greece earlier this year ... and paid too much for it. The missing top part under the steering damper knob is still missing and I don´t trust the steering stem that I have purchased. Have to find an original or fill in an organ donor card, before using it.

Edited by Einbeck Bowl