109 FFR 24v Indicator problem ?

Hi there, My newly acquired MV has decided to spit its dummy and light up the left side indicators permanently ! I got up this morning and noticed despite the ignition being off and the key in the house that during the night the left hand indicators had lit up :embarrassed: They stay on all the time irrespective of indicator switch position, the right hand indicators work normally the hazard switch lights up along with all four lights but they do not flash ?? The only way I could get the lights out was to disconnect the battery, the truck is running fine and when I left it the lights were not on they have come on on their own during the night. Even switching to convoy fails to switch them off. Anyone any ideas or can anyone suggest a good auto electrician in the South Lincs area please ?

Both left turn lights are supplied by wires that are Green with Red trace.

Disconnect it where it goes into the hazard warning switch & see if that stops the continuous LH on state.

If it does disconnect Light Green with Brown trace from the hazard warning switch & connect it to the disconnected Green/Red

If it cures it & the turn lights are now under the command of the turn switch then there is a fault in the hazard warning switch.

If it doesn't cure it then there is a fault in the hazard warning/turn unit.

That's assuming there has been no previous owner bodgery going on :D

Hi Clive, Thanks for that, I disconnected the WHOLE hazard warning light switch by pulling the plug from the back and the lights STAYED on ??? I am struggling to get the individual wires you suggested disconnected as they appear part of the plug ?? The wiring appears bodge free and as I say one side works fine any thoughts ?

NO it stays on with flasher removed !!! I have now got no light on but neither side indicator works now ! BUT the hazards are working ? I appear to have no live from fuse to indicator switch on column, which colour is the live feed to it ?

As I said earlier, I would try removing all the fuses to see if you can find the circuit that is supplying power. It could be a short circuit in the loom somewhere, or in the indicator/headlamp switch for example. If you pull all the fuses and the lights stay on, then you will only have ignition switch supply, headlamp supply and a few other circuits that the power could be coming from.

trevor

Light Green/Brown feeds the turnlight switch but that comes from both the hazard switch & the flasher unit. The main feed for these is a Green wire that comes from the fuse panel at the second fuse in, if you take the first fuse in as the Green that goes to the fuel gauge.

Thanks again, I have been going through things and found the bottom fuse appeared to work the indicators once removed the hazards worked again but obviously the indicators didn't. I found NO live going to the column switch so I ran a new live via fuse box to the switch and everything works again ?? :undecided: