WWII Armoured car on farm for sale. Can anyone ID it ??????

Mark Pearson

[ATTACH=CONFIG]97716[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]97717[/ATTACH]

Hi Mark,

It is an Indian Pattern Carrier. Quite a cool looking vehicle if you ask me. There are a couple in the North Island I believe.

If the current price is indicative of reserve, I think it would be a good project.

• 1 month later...

the auction ended not meeting the reserve (4 grand) this is part of quite a big collection that is being sold and argued over by the family of the deceased collector . so far only the less desirable stuff has come up for sale. I believe there is plenty more to come (Artillery Tanks and quite a few vehicles) when and if the family decide what is going to be kept or sold. there is also rumour of the entire lot being sold overseas to a big Auction house?

Great news.

As a side note....

My Uncle's last job in WW2 was cranking up BRAND NEW Sherman tanks and running them off into the ocean. He asked his Captain why they were destroying them. His reply was "We can make more tanks, our job now is to make room to yet everybody home as quickly as possible."