Morris C9/B

MHillyard

Hi All

Gone into the deep end and decided to buy this Morris C9/B. This one is fairly complete although rough, it has all the jacks and most of the panels to make a pattern from. A Bofors gun was also included in the sale (no photos as of yet). This is not the one that was on Milweb although I did try to purchase that one to attempt to make one out of two (the Milweb one was arguably better) but someone beat me to it! More information to come, for now any hints, tips or details would be greatly appreciated. Currently working on getting it and the Bofors home.

IMG_20141005_141423.jpg

LyisgC2tAz81yZsOPl7-5KVDv--CutUQpaMA7sDXb0g=w724-h543-no

IMG_20141005_141447.jpg

IMG_20141005_141506.jpg

IMG_20141005_141511.jpg

IMG_20141005_141704.jpg

IMG_20141005_142727.jpg

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have some new tube flaps up for grabs if needed, which go between the wheel and inner tubes.

Hi Rick. Might well be something I need in the future but probably not for a while as yet. Trying to focus on getting it back at the moment but I suppose I may be interested at the right price.

Thanks

Hi Martyn the Morris looks great! I wouldn't say the one on Millweb was better, but yes your right there are parts on both vehicles that would benefit each one. I picked the other one up on the low-loader on Saturday and it now sits at the farm. Perhaps we might need to stay in touch reference parts for pattern making and where parts/items go and so on ? Would be cool to see both of them on the show scene in the distant future !!! Best regards Gavin

Hi Martyn the Morris looks great! I wouldn't say the one on Millweb was better, but yes your right there are parts on both vehicles that would benefit each one. I picked the other one up on the low-loader on Saturday and it now sits at the farm. Perhaps we might need to stay in touch reference parts for pattern making and where parts/items go and so on ? Would be cool to see both of them on the show scene in the distant future !!! Best regards Gavin

Hi Gavin

Glad I found out who got it. Was hoping it wasn't going to just disappear never to be seen or heard of again. Sounds good to me about keeping in touch. Glad it is going to a good home as it would have been a shame to break it but you definitely got a bargain!

• 3 weeks later...
Spent today collecting spares including engine, gearbox, chassis, head and starter

59004f46cd5bc239217919ff2325c75e.jpgecffb0dffdceec36bc17e0212d2bb95a.jpg38e9478c620a3008ff0fcb6b854d16d9.jpga4c0ff1768a02bb25419f0b21480c63e.jpg3838df2c09877c5f54d8c2e213587ac7.jpg

Hi Martyn, good find!

The chassis rails don't look to bad, but the cross members look a bit worst for wear. Unfortunately I'm going to have to fabricate a new o/s chassis rail on mine. Like a fool I scraped 2 Austin k2 ambulance chassis after I had broken them up for sale and parts for my self and a friend. Now finding out that I could have done with keeping them for the cross members.

The bonnets I don't think would be to hard to manufacture, it's the lower panel with the louvers in that could be a bit of a cow to re-make!! I have some spare wheels, which you are welcome to if you need one or two - long way off I know!!

Fortunately I was lucky that the dash retained all of it's dials in fantastic order. How that happened I have no idea!

Cheers

Gavin

Hi Martyn, good find!

The chassis rails don't look to bad, but the cross members look a bit worst for wear. Unfortunately I'm going to have to fabricate a new o/s chassis rail on mine. Like a fool I scraped 2 Austin k2 ambulance chassis after I had broken them up for sale and parts for my self and a friend. Now finding out that I could have done with keeping them for the cross members.

The bonnets I don't think would be to hard to manufacture, it's the lower panel with the louvers in that could be a bit of a cow to re-make!! I have some spare wheels, which you are welcome to if you need one or two - long way off I know!!

Fortunately I was lucky that the dash retained all of it's dials in fantastic order. How that happened I have no idea!

Cheers

Gavin

Hi Gavin.

Yes someone has had a good chop around on the cross members but the bulk of it is fine. Not sure If the chassis on my c9/b is better or not. Will find out when it is home. The spare chassis may become surplus to my needs at a later date so if you needed it for the rails i may be willing to part with it but I want to keep it for a while as yet even if I don't use it.

Yes bonnet looks a bit awkward in places, far beyond my fabrication skills. But you never know what will turn up over the next couple of years.

From memory I think several of the dials are in place on mine but the whole dash area is pretty rotten but may be salvageable. The jacks are probably going to be the awkward thing for you I would imagine although you have one to copy.

Edited by MHillyard

Hi Gavin.

Yes someone has had a good chip around on the cross members but the bulk of it is fine. Not sure If the chassis on my c9/b is better or not. Will find out when it is home. The spare chassis may become surplus to my needs at a later date so if you needed it for the rails i may be willing to part with it but I want to keep it for a while as yet even if I don't use it.

Yes bonnet looks a bit awkward in places, far beyond my fabrication skills. But you never know what will turn up over the next couple of years.

From memory I think several of the dials are in place on mine but the whole dash area is pretty rotten but may be salvageable. The jacks are probably going to be the awkward thing for you I would imagine although you have one to copy.

Your not wrong, I might have to chat up my friendly engineer in the terms of the jack situation.