Adventuress

Ed Batchelor

We have recently acquired an old flat twin (possibly a cub by coventry oil?), it was signwritten on the fuel tank as fitted to the adventuress and there are some rebuild dates from the 40's. There was an Adventuress converted for use in ww2 as an armed yacht so I am guessing it was used on this particular boat?. Not too sure what to do with it now I've got it, probably find someone who has a better use for it ! Seems to start off the handle OK.

SDC17077.jpg

SDC17071.jpg

SDC17073.jpg

SDC17074.jpg

We have recently acquired an old flat twin (possibly a cub by coventry oil?), it was signwritten on the fuel tank as fitted to the adventuress and there are some rebuild dates from the 40's. There was an Adventuress converted for use in ww2 as an armed yacht so I am guessing it was used on this particular boat?. Not too sure what to do with it now I've got it, probably find someone who has a better use for it ! Seems to start off the handle OK.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]97228[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]97229[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]97230[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]97231[/ATTACH]

As likely as not it's an Enfield or a Coventry Victor, as they're not dissimilar. The RN used Enfield's extensively in little launches and ships' boats. Good luck with it. Jerry