Scammell4199

Scammell Pioneer Restoration

There was alot of rot in the front wings, especially where the brackets bolt on. I have rather limited sheet metal skills but managed to bash out new sections and flush weld them in including some sections of the wired edge.

IMG_2633.JPG

IMG_2677.JPG

IMG_2781.JPG

IMG_3763.JPG

I got the clutch relined by Dinah at Prestige Clutches. She did a brilliant job re-lining the friction plate and clutch brake and also supplied new springs and the four springs that hold the clutch release bearing.

I made new pivot pins for the fingers and release blocks and had them hardened.

I also put the clutch shaft and clutch brake drum in the lathe and gave the drum a skim so that i have a decent true surface to run the DTI on when i come to align the engine and gearbox.

IMG_2169.JPG

IMG_2568.JPG

IMG_0001.JPG

• Like 1

The engine is virtually complete and we lifted it in a few weeks ago, just have to fit all the ancilliaries now, and align it with the gearbox when that goes in.

IMG_1387.JPG

IMG_2829.JPG

IMG_4913.JPG

IMG_4915.JPG

LQDX7633.JPG

We've stripped the winch, blasted and painted it.

Also totally rebuilt the winch drive box.

The thread in the large nut on the bottom of the main vertical shaft in the gearbox drive box was stripped, so i found a large nut out of our stock which happened to have a very fine thread and enough meat on it for me to bore it out, screw cut the right BSF thread and mill some split pin slots.

Also test fitted the winch frame and winch clutch lever tube on the chassis to get the position of the hole through the back of the cab.

IMG_1274.JPG

IMG_1276.JPG

IMG_1288.JPG

IMG_1366.JPG

P1010835.JPG

P1010836.JPG

P1010837.JPG

P1010843.JPG

P1010879.JPG

• Like 2

that will be a very fine machine ounce it is finished really look forward to seeing it out n about.

big well done to all involved.

regards sam