Cushman

T corbin

Question

14 answers to this question

Post war, non military. I have restored 2 WWII Airborne ones myself, one for Gary Howard.

I doubt airborne would be a trike and the military used Cushman post war for a variety of duties or are you saying Cushman of any interest ex-military are only of the two wheeled type

How do we know that's a wartime picture ? as I have never seen anything like that before in any wartime pictures.

1947 onwards it would have been marked USAF not Army Air Forces or Air Forces US Army.

You're right to ask, Mark - how do we know it is wartime? Well we don't know for sure that this picture is wartime, but check out the markings on the Cushman. I believe this was a wartime LIFE photo.

We know they were used by USAAF during the war and - amongst several wartime pictures - there exists at least one photo confirming the existence of one on an East Anglian heavy bomber base with a B-17 behind it.

:trustme:

Edited by N.O.S.

I'm also pretty sure it could be dated by the USAAF star marking on the wing of the Liberator. Not my area of expertise, but I know they changed during the war and I believe that by the end of the war, and post war, they all had the bars on either side of the circle.